Last night, I could tell that summer had arrived in Pierre. So far this year, we haven't had to turn on our air conditioner. The weather has been quite mild considering that last year we had already had temps in the 90's and 100's at this time and the air ran non-stop. When I got home from my summer bible study that started last night, I struggled sleeping since the house was a little on the warm side. The windows were opened but no breeze to be found. By this morning though, the house was a little chilly. We got by one more day without the air conditioner. Hopefully we can make it a few more.
Seneca has been doing summer rec bowling this month. She really seems to enjoy it. We will be doing a family camping trip this weekend. Seneca can't wait!! She has been counting the days. Mom, well, I could wait forever to go camping. Especially since we are tent camping. Luckily it is only 5 miles from home so if I forget something, I can come home and get it and if I can't stand the showers.....which is probably going to be the case......I can run home to shower. I know, I am NOT the outdoorsey camping person.
Last weekend we had a rummage sale. It turned out to be a profitable sale. I got rid of alot of things but still stored alot back into my closets. I am considering doing one more before fall.......we will see what time permits.
I started a summer bible study last night. It is called "No Other Gods" by Kelly Minter. Beth Moore endorses it on her LPM Blog Site. It is an 8 week study but we only meet everyother week so it doesn't take up too much time. There is about 9 of us in this study. So far, I have truly enjoyed the last two studies that I have been involved in.
Paul has been busy with the construction season. He has managed to get every other weekend off for the most part and has taken time off for both our camping trip this weekend and the following weekend to go prairie dog hunting with his brother. I have been informed though, that unlike past summers, this fall will be more busy with county projects. So we will see how we fair with Seneca starting school and my busy time being the same time as his.
No comments:
Post a Comment