Sunday, October 12, 2008

Most Important Part of Convention

In our registration bags, we were given a while button with the following black letters:

SDWSC

Through out the few days, we were to see if we could come up with what these letters stood for.

During the last General Session, Elisa Morgan filled us in on what the letters stood for and gave an amazing talk on each word.

It stood for "She did what she could" based on Mark 14: 1-9. It was so amazing how the story in Mark is just what each of us as mothers go through each and every day. "She did what she could"......as mothers, wives, friends, leaders, we do just that each and every day.

3 comments:

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

Okay, I love this too! I will definately have to print this up and hang it on my fridge as a reminder for myself. I think too often as women/mothers we tend to be too harsh on ourselves about what we wish we could do better. I think if we just follow the example of this woman in the scripture you put in your post, and the way the Lord saw her and her diligent service, we would be a lot happier with ourselves and our efforts. We aren't measured by our weaknesses, we are measured by our strenghts. Thanks for such an inspirational post!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love this also! I also loved reading about your trip! It sounds so inspirational. I agree with Wendi I think we as mothers/wives are way way to hard on ourselves. I also think we worry to much about what others are thinking about us. If only we could see ourselves through the Lord's eyes. The truth is, is we are all just plugging along trying our best and doing our best and our best is good enough for the Lord so it should be good enough for us. Thanks for sharing your trip and your thoughts.
JoLynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

P.S. Oh yeah, I wanted to thank you for all your sweet comments on our blog. I also wanted to give you a little background because you are probably a bit confused.
About 6 months after my husband(Brian) and I got married my Mom married Brian's Dad. SO, hopefully that maybe helps a little when your reading my blog to figure out who everyone is.
JoLynn