OK, so it has been 2 months since I posted. The past two months have been emotionally hard, extremely exhausting and entirely too busy!! I have not had the energy or the motivation to post. Alot has gone on. This post will not contain photos as I am not that organized as of yet. I WILL post photos later.
From the last post, we lost our daycare provider and were on the search for a new one. After much prayer, we are very blessed to have found Brooke. One of the daycare moms from our previous daycare that decided after losing Kristi, she wanted to stay home with her two little ones and take on other kids. There is a great need for daycare in Pierre. I always say, before you tell your spouse you are pregnant, get daycare! LOL Seneca hasn't been to Brooke a lot yet since she is still in school. The few times she has been there she has liked it. We just know that it has been a huge adjustment for our family to lose Kristi!!
So many other things have happen since the last post. In February, Seneca and I flew to Tucson for my brothers wedding. Me, who does not like to fly, yet alone with no other adults did OK for the most part. I did shed a few tears landing in Minneapolis!! We had a long layover in MN both coming and going but found plenty to do in the airport. Seneca LOVED flying!! She thought is was just awesome and she was very comforting to me. It was nice to be in the warm weather of Arizona but found that I do not miss the Big City Life. I am quite content here in the small town atmosphere of Arizona. Nikkis wedding was beautiful and it was nice to meet his new bride Cristina. Now, he needs to bring her to the mid-west to see what the real world is really like. LOL
When we arrived back to SD, work was in full swing with State Tournaments. It is very hard to vacation during the months of February and March in my office. You come back and are overwhelmed. Thank goodness for co-workers who are willing to help a person out!! I was suppose to head to Yankton for State Debate the first weekend in March but due to Seneca having Influenza A and the threat of bad weather, I did not make it. Debate is one of the two activities that I have to travel for each year. I do not like traveling, even though I am getting better, but when you throw the threat of snow into the mix, I am not game to be traveling in town, yet alone out of town.
Paul and I have been very active with church activities. Since the last post, we have attended a Focus on the Family Marriage Simulcast. It was a full Saturday of different speakers, lunch and good fellowship. We have really enjoyed attending these type of things. Paul has been doing a bible study with a few guys he knows on Tues. mornings at 6 am. That seems to be the only time that works for him. I do know at that hour, I just wouldn't be able to do it. I just finished a 10 week bible study on Sunday afternoons. It was Beth Moores Esther. I truely love the Beth Moore studies. She is an amazing woman who has lived quite the life and is so easy to relate to. She is full of energy and really knows her stuff. I am hoping to start a new study sometime this Spring. Just not sure what it will be. Paul and I started a couples Bible Study about 3 weeks ago. It is on the 2nd and 4th Tues. each month. We are very thankful for our friend Kerri who is willing to watch Seneca and get her to bed during that time. I am still very actively involved in our local MOPS group. I have been the finance coordinator for the past two years and thought I would be done after this year since I will no longer have any children that qualify under the birth - Kindergarten age. I was beginning to be a little sad that MOPS was going to end and not sure what my next venture would be. Then, I was approached to be Coordinator for next year. I guess they can get by with people with no children in the MOPS age to be Coordinator for one year. So I gladly accepted the position. This will be a challenge for me and I hope will be able to do the position well. Since our group is still new (finishing up our 2nd year), I am hoping to add some great things to keep it growing and serving woman who want to know more about Christ.
Aside from mine and Pauls activities, and work, we have Seneca to run around to various activities. She is still involved in dance and is winding down into the last 3 lessons before recital at the end of April. She took a four week Mini Mighty Mites Basketball classes. We really didn't know how the whole "team" sport thing would go for Seneca since she is very competitive and it is all about winning but decided to sign her up. She LOVED basketball and is actually quite good. She was sad when they had their last week but I am hoping to have her in summer rec. basketball this summer. We also decided to sign her up for gymnastics for a session. She is two weeks into it and seems to like it. She is nervous when they work on the bars, but that will come with time. We are winding down this session of swimming lessons also. She is getting better and better each lesson. She doesn't always care for lessons, but living next to the Missouri River, swimming lessons are NOT an option in our house.
School has been doing well with Seneca. She loves school and loves to learn. Her conferences are always good and we were proud to hear that she is actually in the first grade level in all her classes. Makes me wonder why they just don't move her up to 1st grade!
She is still attending our Wed. night Church Awana program. She REALLY loves going to Awana and learning her versus. I was very proud to hear from her the other day that she is ministering to other kids in school too. She said that a girl in her class was scared one day so she started to tell her about Jesus and the 10 commandments. Do we have a future minister on our hands?
I am sure there are many other activities that I have forgot to mention but you know, it has been two months. I am hoping when I get through my photos that will trigger more things that we have done and will then start posting photos from the above activities and the other things in which we have done.
4 comments:
She's alive! It is good to hear from you. I knew you'd come around at some point. Glad you found someone to watch your girl. It is always great to see a familly so involved in church. I love that you serve so much. Hope this is the start of many posts to come!
monica
Holy update batman. Bout time dear!
Cognrats on the new daycare, I hope she likes Brooke. I'm sure she will fill up fast.
(yes, I do have mine picked out already as well! but no baby in sight)
Hoping this last snowstorm is it for the year. I love my Zesto but can't go if it's stilllllllll snowing outside.
I'm so glad to see a post from you. I think of you often and I sure have missed reading up on what you are all up to and how things are going.
I'm so glad that things are looking up a bit. I'm so glad that you found another daycare lady. That is so important to us working moms to know that our children are safe and happy when we can not be there. I'm also so happy to see how involved you and your family are in your church. To me my Family and church are the most important things in my life.
Well take care and I'm looking forward to you posting again!
JoLynn
Hey there! I haven't heard from you in awhile. I'm sure you are just very busy but I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I'm thinking about you! I hope all is well you and your family!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Post a Comment