Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spring Is Here

What seemed like a REALLY long winter this year finally turned to Spring. Even though I thought I probably killed all my flowers, since in March, when we had a 70 degree day, I cleaned out all the dead stuff out of my flower beds hoping it would bring on Spring, and then it got bitterly cold again until mid-April, my tulips did REALLY well this year!! More than usual came up and they stayed in full bloom for a long time before slowly withering away! I was really proud of my tulips this year!



Now hopefully, my back flower perennial bed that I planted last year will start taking off. I am not a green thumb as you can see by Senecas "Mothers Day" poem that she wrote AND read in front of the entire class AND their moms!!


O-well, I try......

Mothers Day was a great day. Paul and Seneca took care of the house work that was left AND cleaned the inside and outside of my car. I think Paul was a little annoyed with me though as I found a few spots here and there that he missed. I am very OCD and when it comes to my car, every spot on the inside and outside drive me nuts for days!!!

The funniest part was as we were walking in the house from church, Seneca says, "When is it Childs Day?" I am thinking to myself, isn't everyday childs day!???

Thanks for making it a wonderful Mothers day!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I love this post! Just look at your flowers, they are gorgeous. That flower picture from your daughter is a keeper. They love to keep it real don't they?? Happy spring to you! Keep planting!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! You enjoy that beautiful weather your having! Everytime you see my weather widget just take a chuckle and be glad your not here until about Ocotber.

I love your Mother's Day Card. That is so cute. I love the way kids just say it how it is and love us always! I'm glad that you had a good Mother's Day and I agree with you isn't it Child's Day everyday:)