Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm Back.....for now!

I was looking at other peoples blogs and realized, it has been a long time since I have updated my blog! I don't even know where to begin with catching you all up but I realize that I probably won't be able to catch you all up. For some reason, Facebook took over (seems to be quicker and easier for me).

Seneca started 4th grade last week. 4th grade.....when I was starting 4th grade, our family had just moved from the little town of Eureka, South Dakota to the big city of Mesa, Arizona. I started 4th grade at Irving Elementary in Mesa, AZ! Seneca was a little reluctant to start 4th grade, afraid she wouldn't have the "same friends" in her class, etc., etc. So I told her my story of starting 4th grade at a whole new school, not knowing a single person....she changed her attitude real quick and decided things weren't going to be so bad!

The business of the school year is slowly starting. Several years ago, Seneca joined the Pierre Swim Team. We have all found that we all LOVE this sport. This is definately a sport that both Paul and I can enjoy and both understand. The swim season will start up again in about a month and we are all very excited. I always enjoy seeing how well she has improved in each race from the last time. With the summer Olympics this past year, we got our fill of swimming this summer also! Paul made a comment to Seneca when they would show Michael Phelps family yelling for him "That is what your mother looks like when you swim". That put a huge grin on her face!

Along with swimming, Seneca is starting her 3rd year of piano lessons, she started guitar this summer and she has made it clear that she wants to learn every instrument there is. I don't know if our pocket book can handle that but we'll see what we can do. She continues to enjoy art class and our AWANA program at church.

Paul and I stay busy tending to Seneca and our jobs. Paul is still at the City of Pierre and hasn't enjoyed his job much this past summer with the 100+ degree weather that we have had. No rain and VERY, VERY dry!! Luckily I work inside but the heat has even gotten to this Arizona girl!! I never thought I would say this.....but I am ready for winter. I'll probably think differently once that season actually gets here.

I'll do what I can to keep this updated. Sometimes I feel that my life is a little boring and no one wants to hear about it or that my writing is horrible but we'll see what I can do.

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Hi there Tia! I was so touched by your sweet comment on our blog and we so appreciate your prayers and support! You are such a dear friend. I was going to email you and then I decided I'd look at your blog. I was so excited to see that you had updated your blog and to see a new picture of Seneca. She is such a doll.

I suppose I should join the facebook world. I'm sure you are right that it is much easier and faster to keep in touch than blogging. However, every couple of years I have been taking our blog entries and putting them in to a book and giving it to our grandparents for gifts and they LOVE them or so they say they do. But I'm with you-I often times think no one really cares to hear about our boring lives or see my terrible writing skills but the family assures me that they really do care. I would love to continue reading about you and your family and seeing all the cute pictures.

Take Care!
JoLynn