
Today was a snow day for much of South Dakota. I don't think that the Pierre School District has called off school in 8 years! Along with the schools, most of the businesses in Pierre were shut down. We woke up to about 6 inches of snow and high winds which of course caused snow drifts. The picture is of the snow drift in front of our garage. I am sure there are worse but I wasn't about to venture any further than our front yard. Where I work we have 188 member schools and at 7:30 this morning, 116 or the 188 were closed for the day. Part of I-90 is closed to traffic and as fast as The City of Pierre can clear emergency snow routes they drifted shut. According to the weather the wind is suppose to continue through much of the night and we are expected to get more snow. Who knows, maybe tomorrow will be a snow day as well.
1 comment:
Wow... I don't really miss that kind of snow at all!! Stay warm - and I promise not to complain about our 'cold 45 degrees'. :-)
Post a Comment