Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday Fun

Sometimes I wonder why I moved back to South Dakota. Today had to be one of the coldest days I can remeber since I moved back to the midwest. -17 below zero with wind chills! UGGG! Most of the day was spent indoors with both Paul and I sick. It has been a long time since Paul has missed work for him being sick. It started last weekend with Seneca and then passed it on down. The miserable cold! I guess what better day to be sick and stay in bed than when the weather is below zero! We did go out to take Seneca to daycare (the only way we get uninterrupted rest) and to get me to the clinic but other than that, we spent most of our day on the couch. Our evening ended with our first toilet catastrophe! Too much toilet paper, a toddler and a toilet. Bad combination! Needless to say about 8:30 tonight we were cleaning up a water mess in the bathroom (not how I ever imagined spending a Friday night). Those of you who know my obsession with cleanliness and neatness can only imagine my reaction! Paul kept telling me we had to pull the toilet paper out and I thought, you go right ahead.... I finally asked Seneca if she was hinting that I still needed to clean the bathroom for the week? After a few tears and many wet bath towels, our bathroom is back to normal. I think Seneca learned her lesson on why Daddy has told her a million times, you can only use 5 squares at the most! And she thought he was just trying to save money?

1 comment:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Too funny... just recently we narrowly averted the same type of disaster. "Just how much toliet paper can I put in here?!?!" Gotta love their curious minds!!