Welcome to the Hertel Blog Spot! I am hoping I can keep all our friends and family updated on our lives! You can watch as Seneca grows and can read about all the fun stuff she says and does as well as keep up with Paul and I!
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Bowling Birthday
Last night Paul, I and 10 other friends went "Jackpot Bowling" to celebrate Pauls "30th" Birthday. Jackpot Bowling doesn't start until 9:30 p.m. so we started the afternoon by making sure we took a nap when Seneca did. We normally go to bed at 9:30 so we had to prepare ourselves. The way Jackpot Bowling works is if you have a colored pin as a head pin and get a strike, you win $1.00. If you get a split and there is a colored pin in the split, it is worth different values. If you then pick up the split you win whatever amount of $ that was worth. Also, inbetween games, you can buy tickets for two different games. For $1.00 you get 5 tickets to either do "Strike Pot" to win the amount of $ in the pot, or you can bowl 10 lanes and get at least 8 pins or better on those 10 lanes and then win the BIG jackpot which I think was up to $240 last night. Even though it was Pauls party, I came home the big winner. Early in the evening I picked up a split worth $5.00. In the last game, I missed a $30.00 split by a hair and then they drew my ticket for the last strike pot and I bowled a strike to win $40.00! So my winnings paid for our babysitter at least! Paul did manage to win $3.00!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember jackpot bowling- i think I have pictures. those where from the days when we could stay up past 9:00 though.
Post a Comment