Welcome to the Hertel Blog Spot! I am hoping I can keep all our friends and family updated on our lives! You can watch as Seneca grows and can read about all the fun stuff she says and does as well as keep up with Paul and I!
Monday, March 20, 2006
SNOW, SNOW, SNOW
Well, it is once again, snowing in Pierre. We started our weekend out by heading to Sioux Falls to see the State Boys' "A" Basketball Tournament on Friday. We were a little hesitant since it had snowed 4" on Wednesday night and there was more snow in the forecast but decided we would just keep our eye on the weather. The trip to Sioux Falls was great. We had a good time at the games on Friday. Seneca did very well at the Basketball games. Even had a couple compliments from others we were sitting by on how well behaved she is and one who said we should write a book on Parenting because she was so good! Needless to say, after the 2nd afternoon game and Seneca having no nap, she was sleeping on my lap and as we headed out to the truck. We then continued our trip by checking into the hotel and then headed out shopping. We met with Lonny, Tammy, my friend Kristine and her son John, and Amy Heib at Chuck E Cheese Pizza! That really was alot of fun. Even the adults had fun playing games! At 8:30 p.m. we headed to the Arena to take in the last of Fridays Basketball games. Within a 1/2 hour, Seneca was sleeping on Pauls lap. She had a very busy and tiring day! Saturday morning we woke up and listened to the weather and it was sounding much worse than before so we decided to head for home. We checked out of the hotel early, finished our shopping, met Lonny and Tammy for brunch and then headed home. The roads were fine until we hit the Vivian corner and all the way into Pierre. It snowed ALL DAY on Sunday and by mid afternoon, they had closed I-90 from Chamberlain to Rapid City. It was a good thing we came home when we did because we would have been stranded in Chamberlain! Received a phone call from our daycare provider who was in Rapid City at the State "AA" Tournaments yesterday and needless to say, we are without daycare today so I am the "elect" to stay home. So Seneca and I ventured out this morning to start shoveling the 9-12" of snow we received. Where is that snow blower we should have bought when we need it? As I look out the window, I still see some snow coming down, so who knows how much more we will get. As of now, the interstate is still closed and only the emergency snow routes in Pierre have started to get cleared out! If the wind dies down later, I will take Seneca back out for a little bit since she has been telling me what a good helper she is with her little sand shovel helping me to shovel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment