Since moving to the mid-west almost sixteen years ago after living in sunny Arizona for most of my life, I feel I have been pretty tolerable of the winters around here. Driving in the snow has taken some getting used to, I have been known to have the depression that you get when you don't see enough sunlight and and I have even been pretty tolerable of the cold.........until now! I think this has been the longest winter yet and February isn't even over yet and most times, March is worse!!! This morning we awoke to -11 degrees and now as I look at my computer it reads 4 degrees (it is almost 2:00 in the afternoon). Our local news states that it is 8 degrees but really, what is 4 degrees? Anything below 30 is cold in my mind.
To make things better, or at least my husband thinks so, you just need to drink some vodka slush........can you tell by the photo that obviously we need to up the temperature in our house? 66 degrees during the day (when we aren't there, which is OK; 68 degrees in the evening until 9:00 then back down to 66 degrees)!! No wonder I never want to get out of bed!!!! I wonder what we will buy with all the money we are saving on heat?!?!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment