Well, it is 2:00 pm on Saturday and we STILL have not got any sleep!! We have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and then decided to give up and call "Service Master" the cleaning people who clean up after storms, etc. With Pauls back and me finally at my breaking point, we decided, enough is enough.
In the meantime, the Contractor who didn't plug the manhole, has admitted fault and said that all bills are to go to them!! YAH!! We finally got a break. We are still waiting for the insurance company to call us back.....you gotta love them. What we do know is that we need to replace the carpet in the basement hallway. Luckily, the carpet has NOT been discontinued so we can get the same carpet. It will just be from a different dye lot but should still look good. So, they are ripping out the padding and carpet and then will dry it all out. Next week, they will come back in, sanitize the walls, clean up better than I did in all the rooms and get us some where close to normal. Who knows when they will come and lay the carpet and then Service Master will come and clean our stairs and our living room upstairs from all the "traffic" due to this misfortune. We will still have some sheet rock work to do, shower to rip out and reinstall and then tape, texture and paint. All this we WILL have hired done!! We ARE NOT finishing our basement AGAIN by ourselves!!! So hopefully in the next month we will have our lovely, livable basement back. Oh, and the Contractor is over at the project putting a dirt berm in......I guess this will force the runoff water to another area and NOT our area!! Oh, also, we aren't the only ones on our street that have damage, we know of at least 4 others that we have spoke with. The Contractor told all them also that the bills are to go to them. So, in blog world, if you don't hear from us for awhile, it is because we are busy refinishing our finished basement!!
By the way.......do you know what this does to an OCD person? Nothing good, I can tell you that much!! I am now going to finally go and cry!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh Tia! That is so horrible. I am so sorry! I wish we lived closer and I would come spend the day helping you! (I know, easy to say when I'm in Arizona but I really would!) Good luck (that just doesn't feel like it's a very helpful thing to say but I do wish you the best of luck in all you are going to be dealing with). I hope it goes as quickly and smoothly as possible!
That Sucks!!!!!
Post a Comment