Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Updates on our summer......so far

Well, it has been awhile since I posted. We have done alot, but then again, it seems like we have done nothing. Actually, when I plugged in the camera to download, it did look like we had done nothing but then I started to think, I just have not taken any photos. I need to get with it.......

I will start with the weekend of our camping trip. As much as I had been dreading it, it really would have turned out to be a wonderful camping trip if it hadn't been for the pesky mosquitoes. We arrived to the Oahe Downstream Campground......just outside of Pierre and below the Oahe Dam, on Friday. We sat up our camp and waited for our friends who were going to be joining us. Seneca loved playing on the playground equipment that was there. We made sure we got a spot right next to the playground so we could relax and watch her play.
After our dinner, I had to head into town for the Oahe Days Parade which our MOPS group had a float in. So I walked the parade, threw candy and headed back out to the campground. It was time to start a fire and enjoy the evening. Which for the most part we all did......until morning. When we woke in the morning we found our daughter looking not so good from all the mosquitoe bites. She must have an allergy of some sort to them. Even though we sprayed her down over and over and over again.......this was the result:

The pictures really don't do it justice at all. I was actually scared to take her to Walmart because I was scared people would think that we beat our child!! So, needless to say, we decided that we weren't staying our second night since the mosquitoes were so bad. So about 1:00 on Saturday, we headed to town and called it a weekend.

Sunday, I had to work the Oahe Days booth for our MOPS group. It was a nice day.....was able to get a little sun.

The following weekend, Paul, his brother Lonny and his cousin Mitch, headed to McLaughlin to the farm to do their annual Prairie Dog Hunting trip. It was a nice time for Seneca and I to do girl stuff while dad was gone.

The 4th of July arrived and so did Dad and LouAnn. We met up with them after the annual Ft. Pierre 4th of July Parade which both Seneca and I were in with my MOPS group. It was a fun parade. A very large parade (close to 200 entries). Luckily the weather wasn't too hot.....but warm enough when you are walking in a parade.

Saturday the 5th, we had some friends over to celebrate my birthday. Pierre hasn't reached above 95 degrees yet this summer until Saturday. So the outdoor party, was inside for the most part until later in the evening. We played some lawn games and let the kids play until the bugs came out again. The moisture is very well appreciated but along with moisture come the bugs which we would really rather do without. Since the Daytona Nascar Race was on that night, the men ventured to the basement to watch the race and us women just talked and kept an eye on the kids until the race was over. It was a nice relaxing day and was glad to celebrate my birthday with family and friends.

Dad and LouAnn are here until tomorrow. We have had a fun week of playing cards and Seneca has truly enjoyed having her Grandma and Grandpa here!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sucks u had to cut ur camping trip short. hope seneca is doing better..

jilldaisbrenne said...

Sounds like you've had a busy summer so far... and I can't believe it's nearly half over.

Clement Family said...

Tia, good to hear from you. Your summer sounds just as interesting as mine......;)
I hate all bugs!!!!