Wow! I cannot believe that the last post was the last day of school for Seneca and here we are.....July 2nd!! Where does the time go?
Earlier this summer, we had a baby robin on our back deck. We thought it was injured because it was not scared of us but it turned out it wasn't injured. It was awesome to see Seneca pet the bird. Seneca LOVES birds so this was an awesome site for us.

The first week in June we had VBS at our church. The theme was "SonRock Kids Camp". Our church is truely amazing when it comes to all activities for both young and old. There were well over 100 kids and the whole week just was awesome. The decorations, the kids, the adult volunteers......I have never seen such a production. I took the mornings off to voluteer with the 3 year olds. We had close to 20 all week. Now that is work.......



Seneca absolutely loves VBS and anything that involves music and singing. She takes her performing very seriously!!
Paul has been working very long hours. Up to 15 hour days M-F and some Saturdays. We haven't seen much of him this summer. Fortuneately, the weather has been nice (not too hot; 80's) and not many storms like we had last summer. We will hope that will continue the rest of the summer.
Seneca started at her new daycare after school ended. She seemed to like it for the month she was there but then the daycare ended up closing due to them moving out of town. So the search was on once again for a new daycare. For awhile, a friend of mine took Seneca in and she hung out with her kids. If it was up to Seneca, I think she would have lived with the Buchholtz family. She LOVED it there. Monday, we will start with what we hope to be our permanent daycare. She will continue to go with the Buchholtz family on Thursdays, just to break up her week a little bit and be able to get out and do some other activities such as the library, the City pool, or whatever the Buchholtz family plans for that week.
That is our last month in a nutshell. I am sure there is something I am missing.....hopefully nothing too big!!
5 comments:
Hi there!!! I have been wondering how you guys were doing. I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well. That church activity looked like it was really neat. I'm glad that Seneca enjoys it!
I'm sorry to hear that Paul has had to be working so much! I'm not sure what's worse when they work all the time or don't have any work. Hopefully, his work will slow down a bit and you guys will get to see him and enjoy him a little more.
I'm sorry to hear about Seneca's day care. Thank goodness for great friends that were able to help out. I don't know what I'd do without great friends that have helped us out so much with our kids. I'm glad that you were able to find a new day care though and hopefully, this will be a more permenant day care and one that she will love and enjoy.
Well take care and enjoy your beautiful weather!!!
JoLynn
Thank you so much for all your kind words and your words of wisdom. I really appreciate it! Just knowing others are out there pulling for us and praying for us really helps. It also helps to read yours and Wendi's perspective on things. I really appreciate it!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Are you alive????
hahahaha I just got a comment from you!!
The set at your church is amazing!!
Post a Comment