Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trying to keep up!!

A good friend of mine sent me and email to tell me that "The Hertel BlogSpot needed attention". So I am acting on her email.

Since my last post, I can't even remember what we have been up to!!
In mid-October, I made a trip to Rapid City to Christmas shop with my wonderful friend Kristi!! We had a great time! It was nice to see their new house in Summerset and to actually sit down and visit for a weekend. I got the majority of my Christmas and Senecas B-day shopping done that weekend.

A few weeks after that, Paul and I were blessed to make our own trip to RC for a night. We treated our selves to hour long massages at a day spa we had been eyeing for years. This was our first trip outside of Pierre, overnight, without Seneca. Can you believe that!!??? The girl is going to be 7 in a week and we had not done that until now! Now I wish we could do it once a month. Seneca stayed with the Bumanns and she had such a wonderful time that when we came to get her, she was quite disappointed.
With the holidays fast approaching, we have so many things to do!! Senecas b-day is next week, along with b-day parties, Christmas parties, Christmas programs, etc. Our next week is full of so many activities, I hope I don't forget any of them. I WILL be posting photos after the holidays of all the happenings.
Me, well, I am slowly adjusting to my new job. I will tell you that this job is much more challenging than my last job. I always thought that the SDHSAA was by far the hardest job I ever took on....until now!! I am very blessed to have a wonderful boss and a great co-worker who are both VERY patient with me and supportive of me during this learning process. When I accomplish even the smallest task each day, I am so estatic because it just seems that lately, I create more work than getting work done!! LOL I do love my job and I LOVE being done by 3:00 everyday. I don't feel guilty leaving my job every day at 3:00 like I used to feel guilty leaving at 5:00 when my work wasn't complete. It is a totally different atmosphere and I love it!!
Paul completed this years construction season mid-November!! Yah, November.....what the heck? This was the longest construction season EVER!!! He is now home at 3:00 everyday too and it is so nice to have our whole family home early every day.
Well, here are a few photos of our past few months. Never mind, I thought I had photos but obviously, I haven't downloaded them yet....so.....I will leave you with our family photo for 2009.


2 comments:

Monica said...

Tia,

It is so good to hear from you!! Glad you and your hubby finally got out. It does wonders for a marriage when there are no little people around! Great post.

monica

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

SO good to hear from you! I also just checked my comments and saw that you left me one a couple of posts ago. Sorry I'm just now responding! My address is 2044 E. Vaughn Ave. Gilbert Az. 85234 and my email address is bjellsworth@q.com.

O.K. SO I'm glad that your adjusting to your new job. I'm sorry that your job hasn't been an easy transition but it is awesome that you get to be home with Seneca when she gets home from school!

I'm also so glad that you guys finally got away by yourselves for a weekend. Monica is right it really does do wonders for your marriage. Brian don't get away to often alone either but we try at least once a year. But I'm thinking we need it at least 4 times a year! I think it's also good for the kids.

Well I hope you guys have a Merry Chirstmas and a Happy New Year!

Love Ya,
JoLynn