The Hertel family is still here. I know my posts have been few and far between and I apologize but it just seems like there aren't enough hours in my days anymore.
September 1st, I started my new job at the SD Dental Association. I work 8-3 (no lunch) Monday thru Friday. This allows me to pick Seneca up from school and then just concentrate on being a mom. I thought this would free up some time for myself to get things done and then have time to sit down and read and book, work on my bible study, etc. BOY, have a been wrong. Still haven't found that time to do those things.....at least not in the lengths I would have liked or was thinking. I am slowly getting into a routine and hopefully will get there. I love my new job though. I love the people I work with, I love what I do. So as time goes by and I get more settled into a routine, I am sure some more time may free up for me to do a few things for myself!!
Seneca continues to love school. Had her first conferences and of course, she is doing outstanding. Testing off the charts which makes us nervous as she is so far ahead of where 1st graders are. Her teacher says she is enthusiatic about learning so I guess at this point we have nothing to worry about with boredom setting in and causing behavioral issues. We will just take one day at a time and pray that she will continue to love to learn and will learn things and not be bored since she is so advanced.
She has kept busy outside of school with dance, gymnastics, AWANA and other church activities. She has been going to friends houses to play alot and the parents always come back with wonderful reports on how well she plays with their children and they would LOVE to have Seneca over anytime. Soooo, I guess this may be my plan for more "me" time!!! LOL
Paul is still deep into construction season. This is the first year that I think my frustrations with his job has really set in. Working 12-15 hour days, 6 days a week since May has not been setting well with me. I know it is OT money, but you know, all the money in the world couldn't take the place of having him around. Thursday he had a close call at work. He got a little too close to the asphalt machine and got his toe knicked by the paddle. Fortunately, all he lost was his big toe nail. Could have been sooooo much worse. I questioned why he didn't have steel toed boots on and he replied "because then I probably wouldn't have a toe, or a foot or even much worse". So we are thankful he DIDN'T have steel toes boots on!!!!
Other than work, toting Seneca around, keeping up with things around the house, MOPS and being involved in church, not much is new with me.
3 comments:
Tia, so good to hear from you lady!! Glad to hear you found two extra hours in the day! My boys are advanced in school also. The secret is to ask for teachers who are willing to push your child. I also found it very helpful to have my kids kind of stay with a small advanced group each year. I ask for these things, and it makes such a difference. So glad you are doing well!
So good to hear from you! I'm so excited that all is going well with your new job. I know it's still hard to get things accomplished and all but I think it's great the way you get to be home when Seneca is home. Your babysitter troubles got solved. I am sorry to hear about Paul working so much! That is hard! There was a time that I could really relate to that. I remember thinking all the money in the world isn't going to buy back the time Brian is loosing watching his kids grow up. However, now I am sure glad that he was making that money because during these tough economic times for us it is what has got us through. So I guess I am thankful for it now but my heart does go out to you. Hang in there, with your fun weather coming I'm sure things will slow down a bit for him. Until then know I'm thinking of you!
I'm glad you guys are doing well!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Hey there! I was just checking in on you! I hope you are all doing well. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment