Finally had some time to gather my thoughts to post on our blog our activities of last week. Last week, we had Vacation Bible School. Seneca participated and I had volunteered to help. It ran from 9 am-noon, Tues. through Friday. Tuesday we learned about Daniel and the Lion. Wednesday, Nebuchadnezzar and the three friends, Thursday about Jesus and Mary at the tomb and Friday about Paul and Silas in the jail. Each day they had four different stations that they went to in their groups; crafts, games, story time and movie time; and learned about their lessons at each station. They also had an opening, closing and snack time and each day, the snack went with their lesson.
I helped with story time and Wednesday, ended up leading the lesson as the leader didn't come. Talk about prep time in 10 minutes. I must have done well because Seneca came home and told me about the lesson so at least she got something out of it. Friday they had a program for all the parents. I, of course, cried and Paul wasn't able to make it. They were short handed on the project so he had to stay at work. After VBS everyday I then went back to work until 5:00. It called for a long week and I was quite tired every night! Seneca asked this morning to go to school and was quite dissapointed when I told her that school was over. Hopefully when she starts pre-school in the fall she will be as eager to go everyday.This week, I am without daycare so I decided to take the week off and spend sometime with Seneca. Tomorrow we are off to the library and I will either get her pool out tomorrow or on Wednesday and we will get a little sun. We will see what the weather brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment