Monday, June 26, 2006

Another Wedding

Saturday after lunch, we headed to Winner for another wedding. It was a nice day, a little windy though. Seneca had been looking forward to this wedding all weekend so she could dance with the kids. Well, after a 1 1/2 full mass ceremony, and another 3 1/2 hours of the reception, the dance finally started about 9:15 or so. Of course at the beginning they do the dance with the bride and groom, wedding party, dance with the parents, etc. So by the time Seneca could go dance, she came off the dance floor pretty disappointed because "she wore her pretty dress and no one will dance with me", as tears filled her eyes. I then said, "Go ask Daddy to dance". "I don't want to dance with Daddy. I want the kids to dance with me." Needless to say, about 10:00 Seneca and I headed back to the hotel while Paul stayed and visted. She was still telling us yesterday about how this wedding wasn't any fun!

1 comment:

The Dunkers said...

I agree Seneca. You had to wait too long to dance. Maybe you can play some music, put your pretty dress on and dance with Grandma Hertel when she gets there. She likes to dance too!