This past weekend, we took a trip to Kansas City. We left on Thursday and headed to Dad and LouAnns to stay. We didn't do much when we arrived on Thursday due to the long trip (10 hours) and us being tired.On Friday, we headed to the big shopping in Kansas City. Coming from Pierre and the lack of variety of stores, I have to hit all the stores when I go out of town. So after 8 hours of shopping we worked up an appetite to feast at our favorite place, "Jack Stack BBQ". As usual, it was wonderful!! A little on the spice side this time. We think they must have grabbed the cajun BBQ sauce when fixing our meals this time but other than that it was wonderful.
Saturday, Paul and my Dad headed off to the Kansas Speedway for the Nascar Busch Series Race and LouAnn, Seneca and I headed to Lawrence, KS for a little more shopping. We went to the park for a little bit and then home to relax for the rest of the day.
Sunday, Dad and LouAnn babysat while Paul and I took in the Banquet 400 Nextel Cup Race. It was great! Good seat but the weather was a little hot for sitting outside for 8 hours (95 degrees). It wouldn't have been so bad but half way through the race, I was really needing an ice cold water instead of the water that had been sitting in the heat for 4 hours and much to my surprise after standing in line at the concessions for 15 minutes, they were out of water! So I continued onto 4 other concessions in hope for some cold water. And they also were all out! I almost settled for a Margarita but figured I wouldn't be able to walk the mile back to the truck so, I had to settle for the warm water that we had sitting with us. I teased Paul when we left and said to him, "What a great bonding experience this was, no child to interrupt us and what do we do, we go to a race where you can't hear anything due to the noise of the cars and you can't have a conversation. We should do this again sometime." Paul decided that he has a much better vue of the race and can hear much better from the air conditioning of his house, on his couch in front of the big screen. He did say it was a good experience though and now that he has seen a professional baseball game, Nascar Race, next on the list is a NFL game (Broncos here we come!). I am sure he would also LOVE to see the Kansas Jayhawks play some basketball! While we were at the race, Dad and LouAnn had taken Seneca to Deanna Roses Childrens farmstead for the day. It was a petting zoo type thing with farm animals you could feed (chickens, ducks, goat, pigs, etc.). They had play equipment and other fun things for kids. Dad said that when they got there she just ran from place to place and was so excited she didn't know what to do. I don't have any photos to post right now but should be getting some from LouAnn to try to post later. Seneca said she had a good time and Dad and LouAnn said she fell asleep on the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment