Sunday, March 11, 2007

Beautiful Weekend

What a beautiful weekend we had!! The weather was about 60 degrees and no wind! We were hoping to get outside to take a walk, start on the yard, etc. Needless to say, that didn't happen. Seneca has been running a low grade fever since I got home from Yankton on Tuesday. We have tried tylonal and it works....for awhile and then back to about 99.4-99.8. On Friday, the "croupy" cough settled in so we made the decision to skip swimming lessons on Saturday and MAKE HER REST!!! So Paul and I did manage to get a few things accomplished in doors. Seneca did get to go to Kerris Saturday evening so that Paul and I could go out for dinner and then to a movie. I promised Paul I would take him out for dinner for his birthday. So we went to The St. Charles, a restraunt here in town that we have found to enjoy. It is ALWAYS quiet and at the most the noise you do here is from the guy playing the piano. Very relaxing and for the most part, the food is good also. We were going to go see "Wild Hogs" at the movie theatre and then saw that "The Breakup" which we hadn't seen was on Pay Per View for only $1.99. So did we want to spend $12.00 and sit in a crowded movie theatre listening to everyone chomp on popcorn or go back home, to a quiet house and only pay $1.99? Well, the $1.99 movie won out. At the end though, I think we would have enjoyed "Wild Hogs" a whole lot more but figured eventually that too will be on the $1.99 channel. Sunday we woke up and changed all the clocks due to Daylight savings time and then headed to the grocery store. Once we got home, Paul started working on cleaning out the garage. I had told Seneca that after naptime, she and I would head outdoors also. She only had one rule to going outside, stay out of the grass because it is still pretty wet with all the snow melting. Well, needless to say, she lasted 15 minutes outside because she broke the one rule that was given and of course, the grass was sopping wet along with her pants, shoes, etc. So back inside she and Paul came as I finished cleaning out my car. She is now being forced to lay and rest (because she is still sick) and watch college basketball with her dad (The Jayhawks are on)!

No comments: