Friday, March 09, 2007

March Madness

It has been awhile since my last posting. Alot has gone on in our lives, just nothing too interesting.
It is definately "March Madness" in our office. It started out with the State Debate Tournament in Yankton being postponed from March 2 & 3 (due to the blizzard) and then being held on March 5 in Yankton instead. And yes, that meant a two day tournament being held now in only one day. So everything we got done (several days of prep) for the two day tournament then got redone into a one day tournament. I worked all last weekend after working all week and then we left for Yankton on Sunday. We arrived at Yankton H.S. at 7 am Monday morning and got back to our hotel on Tuesday at 12:30 a.m. It was a very long day!!! I was so ready for bed once we arrived at the hotel but was a little delayed by my heater in my room not working so at 1:30 a.m. I moved to a different room. I finally got to sleep at 2 a.m. Those of you who know my sleeping habits know that 2 a.m. is like 5 hours past my bedtime! We got back on the road on Tuesday to head back to Pierre about 9 a.m. only to arrive at the office and work until 5:00. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to this weekend!!
Paul and Seneca did just great while I was gone. Seneca did inform me that "mom, you should never go to that place again" and that she did miss me. I wouldn't have guessed that since everytime I called she either didn't want to talk to me or was "too busy". Paul and her made on snowman in the yard on Sunday after I left for Yankton. I asked if he took a picture and he said "no" so I said make sure you do that in the morning. Well, since it got to about 50 degrees on Sunday, I don't think there was much of a snowman left shortly after they made it. She had a good time though.
Three more weeks left of "March Madness" State Tournaments in our office. As long as the weather cooperates, we shouldn't have too many more grueling days. It will be nice at the end of the month when I get my paycheck and see all my overtime hours. It might make it worth it then!

No comments: