Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dance Recitals

It has been a long week for both our little ballerina and her mother. We started out the week with her last dance class on Tuesday before her recital this weekend. Wednesday then conisted of dress rehearsal starting at 3:30 until 6:30. They ask for mothers to volunteer to keep the kids occupied in between dances and getting them in line to perform. I wasn't going to volunteer this year because I wasn't sure how Seneca would act or should I say re-act to having her mom around and wanted her to perform and not get scared, etc. Well, Sunday I got a phone call from her dance teacher needing volunteers, so I agreed to help on Friday night. So me and another mother attempted to keep 8 (thank goodness only eight considering the other pre-school class had 13) 4 & 5 year olds occupied from 5:00 until 8:30 and get them where they were to be in preparation to their dance number AND keep them quiet when they got back stage. Whew....I am definately wiped out today. BUT to make it all worth while, they all did wonderful on Friday AND our class got a very good compliment......we were told that we had the best behaved group and they wish we helped ALL the time because we did a WONDERFUL job!! Seneca is quite excited to do it all over again tonight and I will be able to be in the audience this time to watch. On Friday night also, Seneca and I were very happy to hear that Paul made it to the recital. Work clothes and all. He said he felt bad for the person he sat next to since he didn't have time to clean up before the recital but both Seneca and I were very happy he made it no matter WHAT he looked or smelled like.
Here is Seneca getting her "stage makeup" on. Yes....they go all out for these recitals. Costume, makeup, professional pictures and they also have eight foot tables set up that the girls have flowers, balloons, gifts, etc. delivered to that they pick up after the recital. You should have seen all the stuff. It even amazed me more that the little ones were included as well. Seneca had flowers, picture frames, barbies, balloons, etc. by the time it was all over with.

These are the "Three Musketeers". Raegan, Seneca and Austyn. These three are in everything together. They go to the same daycare and have since they were little. Raegan is 6 months older than Seneca, Austyn is 5 months younger than Seneca. They go to the same pre-school and are in the same class, they go to dance together and Austyn and Seneca go to Wednesday school at church together.

1 comment: