Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Weekend

Since I had the day off on Friday, and Paul had to work, I did a little painting in the living room (actually the hallway). Decided to start in the hallway where the ceiling is low just in case I didn't like the color and needed to start over. I did like the color so now we have lots to go but hopefully before the end of the summer, I will have the living room done. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the 15 foot vaulted ceilings. And of course, I am scared of heights, so this could be quite interesting.
Paul had to work until noon on Saturday so I took Seneca to her swimming lessons on Saturday morning. It was kind of nice. Due to the Easter holiday, there was only two kids in her class compared to the normal eleven. I think she gets a little more accomplished when there isn't so many in her class. She did the back float for 5 seconds all by herself. She has a little trouble standing up by herself afterwords. We will need to work on that. She improves every week though!
The Easter Bunny had arrived and boy did he arrive early in our house. Saturday morning Seneca woke up to "Daddy, today is Easter". Paul said, "No honey, we have one more sleep". So the rest of the day that is all she did was talk about the Easter Bunny coming. We dyed Easter Eggs Saturday evening. We didn't do too many because I didn't want to be eating eggs forever, but enough to satisfy Seneca.
When it was time for bed on Saturday, I haven't seen her pick up her toys so quickly in a long time and then hop right into bed. When I went to tell her goodnight and tuck her in, I was very quickly, rushed out of her room and informed, "Hurry, go to bed before the Easter Bunny comes!" So out I went and waited for the Easter Bunny. Well, little did I know that the Easter Bunny wakes very early along with little girls who just can't wait for the Easter Bunny. At 4:30 am, I hear next to my bed, "Mom, you gotta come and see this!" I said, "Honey, it is early, what do I need to see". "You gotta come see what the Easter Bunny brought!!" I knew I would not be able to make her go back to bed UNTIL I saw what the Easter Bunny brought so I got out of bed to check things out! Once she rummaged through her basket, she layed down on the couch with her new Little Mermaid beach towel to get another hour or so of sleep. Unfortunately, the Easter Bunny doesn't realize that once I am awake, it is really hard for me to fall back asleep. Sooooo.......I was up since 4:30. I know she wasn't that excited for Santa last year. I guess we better be prepared for this next Christmas.
Even though it was a little chilly out, we attended the Pierre Elks Club Easter Egg hunt at the Governors Residence. They announced before it all started that there was 2000 lbs of candy and 1500 prizes for the kids to find. Some were in eggs and others just laying on the ground. It took a matter of 2 minutes from when they said "Ready, Set, Go" and Seneca was back to us with her basket of goodies. When we got home we opened her eggs up. Mostly she got candy and balloons but did find a coupon for a free game of bowling from the local bowling alley. Heard others got coloring books, and free cheeseburger coupons. It was fun while it lasted. I think the entire town of Pierre was there. I barely got any photos because once they released the kids, I couldn't even find Seneca anymore!

I think the rest of today will consist of resting since we have been awake since 4:30 am. I also have tomorrow off. Paul will go to work, Seneca to daycare and hmmmm what will I do? Maybe actually finish reading a book I started 6 months ago!!

No comments: