Monday, April 23, 2007

Girls Weekend To Rapid City

This past weekend, a few friends and I took a weekend trip to Rapid City. We have named it the "Annual E-Ah's Getaway". This name came about this year since there were three of us who went, Tia, Bria and Leah!
We left Saturday morning and spent the better part of the day shopping. After shopping we ate a wonderful meal at Red Lobster. When you don't get out of Pierre often, going somewhere with different places to eat is just a wonderful thing. You almost want to eat once an hour just so you can eat everywhere! After shopping Leah had suggested that we take in a movie. I hadn't been to a movie in a long time so we searched out a movie to watch. We chose, "Reign Over Me" with Adam Sandler. For those of you who have not seen previews for this movie are thinking it is a comedy since Adam Sandler is in it. Actually, it is a serious movie and a very good one I might add. Adam Sandler did a wonderful job playing a character much out of his usual "funny guy" character. It was definately worth the $8.25 that we each paid!! We were a little taken aback when we arrived 10 minutes before the movie was to start and there were not just one line out to the parking lot but two. We definately needed to get rid of our small town thinking of no lines and walking right in to a movie. Luckily we didn't miss any of the movie by the time we got our tickets and got to our seats. We watched it at a very cool theatre that had a WONDERFUL sound system. During the previews for an action movie (can't remember the name) your whole body vibrated from the sound effects. It was so cool. It has been quite some time since I have went to a movie at a state of the art theatre! I definately want to go again!!!
Arrived home Sunday afternoon. It was nice to be home. Seneca was waiting for me with a big hug and informed me that she missed me which is always a nice thing to hear!! Paul also said he missed me and I have got to admit, I missed them both too!!

No comments: