Dad and LouAnn arrived last Saturday, the 9th. Seneca was excited to see them and we instantly put Dad to work helping put up a new mail box. Our old mailbox post was rotting out from moisture through the years and Paul decided, "I am going to cement the new post in and protect it and it will be there forever." I then decided that we need not only a new post but a new box as well. After visiting with Dad prior to their visit, I decided to get a mailbox like they have, one that you can access not only from the street side, but the sidewalk side. That way, Seneca can get the mail because she always steps out into the street to get the mail and that makes me nervous. So we started shopping around, on line of course since Pierre doesn't have a Lowes, Mendards or a Home Depot, just two local lumbar yards, UBC ("You've Been Cheated" as we call it) and Schlachter Lumber (whos prices are just as bad as UBC) and we found the box and post we wanted. Free Shipping (over $49.99, so we bought something else we had been needing to get to the $49.99 free shipping), lower tax rate than anywhere in SD and we still saved $5.00 on the mailbox over the prices here in Pierre and it was all delivered to our door!! So when Dad and LouAnn arrived we started the process of putting in the new mailbox!! And the final result is.........
We do feel we have the prettiest mailbox on the block!
Seneca had a blast helping Grandpa get the dirt out of the 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" hole so we could fill it with concrete. Once the hole got about her arms length down, her shovel came up with no dirt and I said, "Boy, you sure didn't get much dirt that time" I then received the comment back, "You can't see when it is dark", with a little bit of "eye roll". Dad and I laughed so hard at her!!!
Monday LouAnn and I decided to pamper ourselves. My toes were due for a pedicure and LouAnn had never had one so I made appointments for us to get Pedicures. I think, as I was after my first one, LouAnn is addicted. I WILL always, in the summer get monthly pedicures. I just LOVE THEM!!
The rest of their visit consisted of playing cards and eating Zesto (our local ice cream shop). I think I need to hit the treadmill hard!!!
Thursday morning they left for a wedding in Rapid City. It was nice to visit with them and I am glad I took a few days off of work to spend some time with them. I think we got most of our "to do project list" done also while dad was here. Now what is Paul going to do this winter?
No comments:
Post a Comment