Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We Must Be Doing Something Right

I have to share this story with everyone. It just made me chuckle.....
This is how the story goes.....
Seneca and I were on our way to swimming lessons. As we are driving, Seneca asks, "Mom, when do I get to move up to level 3?"
Tia: "Well honey, you need to get your feet off the ground, start kicking those legs and moving those arms so you can swim by yourself first. You can't always rely on holding onto the wall or onto your teacher. Once you swim by yourself you should be able to move to level 3."
Seneca: "But that will take forever!"
We continue to talk about it until we reach the YMCA. I unbuckle myself, then her, get out and open her door. Before she reaches the door, she says, "Hold on, I need to pray to God" then kneels down on the floor of the car, over the car seat, folds her hands and bows her head. I let her have "her moment", she gets out of the car and we start walking to the door.
Seneca: "I just needed to pray to God to help me swim by myself."
The outcome was......she did much better than she has the past lessons, she did do MORE than she has in the past by herself.....so the praying must have helped. Needless to say, starting this morning we are praying for everything.......such as she prayed this morning that they will have breakfast bars at Daycare.

1 comment:

jilldaisbrenne said...

That's an adorable story! Good praying Seneca! Keep at it!