Sunday, July 08, 2007

4th of July Long Weekend

We started our 4th of July holiday taking in the Ft. Pierre 4th of July parade. We knew it was going to be a good one with over 110 entries. We were so excited for Seneca to take in the parade (the last one we made it to was when she was 1 1/2). Needless to say, Seneca spent the entire time with her hands over her ears (she didn't like the fire truck sirens, loud music, loud cars and semi horns) and barely got any candy!! I guess I will have to buy Halloween candy this year.....
After the parade, we had some friends over for a few cold ones and then let Seneca swim in her little pool in the backyard. Then it was just waiting for the evening fireworks....

Seneca and I stayed up to watch the fireworks that Ft. Pierre puts on after the rodeo. It was about 11 pm when they started so we went out on the deck to watch them and that lasted a whole minute. Seneca wanted to go inside (hands over her ears again) and said she was tired (we know she wasn't tired). So we went inside and she watched from the window for a few minutes then headed to bed.
Thursday, I took the day off (since we have Fridays off I decided just to make it a long weekend) and took Seneca to daycare while Paul was at work. Did some cleaning around the house and just relaxed. Friday, Seneca and I went to the library and took Gracie (our cat) to get her annual shots. That is always so much fun considering you have to SHOVE her into her pet porter and she HATES the car. Thank goodness we only have to do it once a year.
Saturday was my birthday so Paul took the day off and we all went to Rapid City for the day. We needed to make a Menards/Lowes run for some things for the house plus I wanted to do a little shopping. We ate at Applebees for lunch and got my free birthday dessert. I opted out of the "group singing" that they normally do. Not into drawing attention to myself!! Despite the 109 degree weather, Seneca did so good and didn't complain the whole time. She said we were going to have a good day since it was mommys birthday and I might say.....she did a great job!!! We arrived home about 8:30 p.m., unloaded the truck and today are spending the day putting up all our new stuff we bought for the house (mirrored closet doors for the master bath, new towel bars, etc. for the master bath).

No comments: