Friday, August 10, 2007

How we are doing

Sorry it has been awhile. We really haven't done anything too exciting in the past few weeks.

Seneca: Seneca has been taking swimming lessons for the past 5 weeks, twice a week. It is so amazing to see her progress. She has been in level 2 now for 4 sessions. We have switched around teachers to try to get her with someone who can "get her moving" and I think we have found just that person. She is doing the "freestyle" on her own now for a few strokes at least. It isn't the prettiest site, but I am so proud of her!! We will continue in swimming lessons for awhile. I told her that swimming lessons are not an option here in Pierre since we are right on the Missouri River. Until we are comfortable with her swimming abilities, we might let her decide to continue on her own then.
We have received the information for Pre-school and Dance this year. Seneca will be attending Faith Lutheran Pre-school again this year. This year she will attend 3 times a week (M-W-F) instead of 2 times like she did last year. I have joined a car pool this year with 3 other families to get the kids from daycare to pre-school. So I will only have to drive every fourth week. That will be nice and I sure am hoping that my weeks don't end up being when we have snow and ice storms. That would be my luck!! Dance will be once a week on Mondays. I will take Seneca and two other girls from pre-school every Monday and another mom will pick them up. That is what we did last year and it seemed to work. Seneca is ready for it all to start. Of course, we will attend Wednesday school at church also come September. They have a dinner (free willl offering), Wednesday school for Seneca and a church service for us. Come September, I am sure we won't have time to "be bored".
Paul: Paul has finished his construction project on hwy 1806 south of Ft. Pierre. He has been working on this for the past two summers. I think he is glad that it is finished and will be able to move onto something new. As always, it was extremely hot and he put in some very long hours. I was starting to wonder if he even lived here anymore. I then realized that there was more laundry than just Seneca and I would go through in a week so there must be another person here in our house. He has started to make his plans for this years pheasant season and maybe some more hunting as well since he bought a new gun, rifle, or whatever it is (I don't know the difference).
Me: The school year and athletic and fine arts activities are upon us. With football practice starting next week, our office has been bogged down with phone calls of every type. I am sure with adding Competitive Cheer and Dance to our long list of activities that we sanction, this will be an interesting year. We have a new employee that we are training as well as after this school year, one of our Assistant Executive Directors retiring and my immediate supervisor retiring in another year. So there are lots of changes to come in the next 2-3 years. Besides work, amd getting Seneca to and from, I am still trying to stay active with my exercising. I have slacked off all summer using "summer hours" as my excuse. So now that summer hours are done, I am trying to make my way to the basement every morning to work out on the treadmill. I never realized how much I love my extra sleep (even if it is only a half hour) until I get up to exercise every morning.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well and keeping very busy! Take care!