At the beginning of the summer, I was invited to be part of a "Steering Committee" to head up an evening MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group. I hesitated and decided, hey, I might as well get out and meet a few new people in the community who I actually have something in common with........I child under the age of 5 or 6. After a few long nights of 6 women planning 9 months of things to do twice a month we are going to hold our registration night tomorrow night. So I was asked to bring 2 dozen cookies or bars. We all know how much I LOVE to bake and cook (NOT). Now it isn't that I CAN'T bake and cook, because I have been told that I actually am a good cook, I just don't LIKE to cook. I found this recipe in the latest "Cooking Magazine" that I get. I know, sounds kind of strange for a person who hates to cook and bake to subscribe to not only one but TWO cooking magazines but we all have to eat and someone needs to cook. I figured since I am not a Hollywood star who can afford to eat out daily or hire a "Personal Chef" I guess I better find a little help on the cooking side of things.....so that is where the "cooking magazines" come into play. Anyways......below are photos of Seneca and I baking and a photo of the recipie (above) that I used to make "Chewy Carmel Bars". Needless to say......I haven't tried them yet, but I failed to follow the instructions (WARNING: don't have a "before dinner drink" prior to baking). I didn't notice that until AFTER they were done and I decided to completely read the instructions. Hopefully they turned out or I will be making a trip to Walmart for some baked goods before MOPS registration tomorrow night! The true test of a good cook is to try what you make before taking it to share..........I will let you all know how they turned out!!

No comments:
Post a Comment