Seneca enjoyed all the animals. Paul explained the rabbits to her. How you can tell what breed they are, etc. Since he raised rabbits when he was younger, he was quite knowledgeable. We continued on to see the chickens and roosters. Seneca got tired of them real quick when they kept "crowing". She thought they were quite obnoxious. On to the beef......I was amazed how well groomed the cows were. I didn't realize that they litteraly vacuum and blow dry them before show time!!! Some of those cattle were "plush"!! We saw horses, exotic animals such as a Zedonk (a zebra and donkey mix); Leemers (which Seneca is quite knowlegeable about since she watches Zoombomafoo; don't ask); Paul and Seneca even tried to go into the reptile area until they found out that they were charging $ to get in. So on their way back out, one of the guys had a snake he was holding so Seneca got to pet it. I don't just mean, touch it quickly, I mean, really petted the scaly creature!!! YUK!!! She enjoyed it and described it as "smooth and dry". Considering I am dealthy afraid of snakes, I was questioning if she was really my daughter.
We later arrived at the Carnival Rides. We told Seneca that she could pick one ride to go on. We bought enough tickets for two. She started out on the Carousel....she really wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel, but both Paul and I aren't fond of heights so told her that she was too little to ride it (what she doesn't know won't hurt her). We then had enough tickets for one more ride. She wanted to watch the little helocopters before trying them and as they started going up into the air (not very high since it is a kid ride), she said they go way to high for her. I am thinking, "And you wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel?"
At the Freedom Stage, Seneca participated in a congo line with Maracas. You got a prize (a whistle) for participating. Of course she was the first in line after the lady who was helping.........oh, how she loves to be first!!!
The fair is quite tiring for such a little kid....this was the ride home!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day!
(we're Zoombomafoo fans in this house too!)
Post a Comment