Friday, January 23, 2009

Very Hard Week

I know it has been awhile since I have posted and what I am about to post, I hope I will never have to experience myself in any way, shape of form.
Seneca has been at our daycare lady (Kristi) since she was 6 weeks old. There is not a person, other than ourselves I trust more with my child or any other children that we would have more than Kristi. She has been a 2nd mom to Seneca, a wonderful friend to me and just a remarkable women all around.
I have referred several of my friends to Kristi and they have had nothing but respect for Kristi. She is well known in town as one of the best daycare providers.
Tuesday morning, a 4 month old baby passed away in Kristis care. The "official" reports are not back but speculation is SIDS. The couple whose baby it was are some very dear friends of ours, Mark and Bria, one of the friends we had referred to Kristi. Saturday night, our family had babysat for Brady while his parents went out to dinner and a movie. He was the cutest little thing and just smiles. We received the second wave of bad news on Wednesday, when Kristi announced she will no longer be doing daycare. It was to be expected under the circumstances but a very huge loss for our family and many others who have trusted their children in her care.
We are very thankful that Seneca is in school at the present time and daycare is not that critical at the moment. We are a little aprehensive about summer time. We have made phone calls yesterday to find new daycare and out of 10 called, one has an opening that we will meet with next week. Paul and I are praying for the sign from the Lord on who and what will be the best for Seneca. Seneca not only lost a friend (baby Brady) but a 2nd mom this week. She has been asking some questions about her "new" daycare and Brady. We have been doing the best we can to answer all her questions.

Tonight we will attend the visitation for Brady and the funeral for him tomorrow morning. Please keep both families (Bradys parents and Kristis family) in your prayers during this tragic time.

6 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh Tia that is just awful! I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. That is so sad! I'm sorry about your friend's baby. I used to fear this happening when my kids were babies. I remember being so worried about my oldest, Blake, especially. Then a friend said to me, "JoLynn, if the Lord wants that baby to come home there is nothing that you are going to be able to do about it so you just have to love him and enjoy him and know it's in the Lord's hands whatever happens to any of us." For some reason the light bulb went on and I still worried but I knew it was true and I was then able to have a bit of comfort in what she had said.
My heart goes out to all involved. Maybe your babysitter will rethink this through after she has had some time to deal with all of this.
I will certainly pray for all of you! My deepest sympathy is with all of you and all that you are going through and dealing with.
Take Care, JoLynn

Monica said...

Tia,
I am so sorry to hear this story. All involved are in our thoughts and prayers. What a loss for ALL of you...

Monica said...

Tia I finally got you added to my blog list! However, I am SO sorry to hear this devastating news. Your family, as well as the others, are in our prayers. What a difficult event. Again, I am SO sorry.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I hope you guys are doing o.k. I've been thinking about you guys and praying for you all.
Take Care,
JoLynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

You haven't blogged in awhile. You are probably just busy and stuff. But I wanted you to know I was thinking about you and your family. Hows Seneca doing? How are you and Paul doing? I hope all is going well for you all. You guys are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Take Care-Love,
JoLynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Love your new background! How are things going? I hope good. I see that your weather is getting a little warmer, I'm sure that puts a smile on your face:) Take care!
Love, JoLynn