Saturday, July 15, 2006

Are we in Arizona or South Dakota!?

By the way the temperatures were at 3 p .m. today, I was confused as to which state I was living in. When nap time was over (3 p.m.) I checked the weather.com and the current temperature for Pierre, SD was 115 degrees and the current for Mesa, AZ (where I used to live) was 95 degrees! I have been trying to research and haven't found it yet, but Pierre has got to be the hottest spot in the United States today!!! Seneca, I and my friend Kerri went out for breakfast this morning and the bank clock read 95 degrees at 9 am (my car read 88 degrees). Not sure of the exact temp at that time but it doesn't matter, it was way too hot for Pierre, SD! I imagine that the Missouri River down town in PACKED with boaters, jet skiiers and the like. Us.....we are staying in the cool house and praying that the air conditioner doesn't decide to go on the fritz. I haven't heard it stop since 12:30 today (not that I have paid close attention but it seems to be running EVERY time I listen). It has been over 100 degrees since Tuesday and isn't suppose to let up until this coming Thursday! I give up!

No comments: