Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First Day of Pre-School

Today was Senecas first day of Pre-School at Faith Lutheran Church. I am not sure who it was harder on.....Seneca or Mom? Seneca was excited until we got to pre-school. She saw the playground equipment outside and insisted that we "go play". When I proceeded to walk inside with her, she wanted me to carry her and cried, "mommy!" We continued through the doors and then she just held my hand until we found her name by her coat hook. The teacher made her feel a little better and then her three friends from daycare showed up and then she was just fine. I of course, got to the car and sobbed!!

When I picked her up and we got outside, she was instantly "ticked off" because her teacher wouldn't let them play outside on the playground equipment. The tears started....I continued to ask her if she had fun, "no", what did you do, "nothing", so it wasn't fun, "no, it was boring". That was the end of the conversation. Back to daycare she went and tonight, Paul managed to get a few things out of her such as she colored with markers, read books, played with trikes, etc. Maybe Thursday morning will go a little better.

No comments: