We decided to take a little trip to RC this weekend. For what reason.......well, I am sure everyones reason was different. Senecas was to go swimming (which she decided not to do) and to stay at a hotel. Pauls was, just to please me and mine of course was to get away from Pierre and to find some decent shopping for once (you know Pierre has such selection.....not).
Mostly the trip was for me and the rest of the family came along to satisfy mom. I decided since we have been doing wonderful on our healthy new lives, that I wanted to go shopping for new clothes. Nothing makes a person feel better than a new outfit or two. So off to RC we went on Saturday. We spent the day at the mall and Paul was patient, and Seneca, well, not the most patient 4 year old but I guess that is to be expected. It was nice to have her along though because I am finding that to buy her clothes anymore, she needs to try them on. I was happy to find during my search for "new clothes" that I have dropped a pant size since our diets have begun. I am now down to a size 8!!!! It is nice to be in the single digits once again. It makes turning down that cookie, handful or chips, fried foods, soda, etc. so much more worth it now!! I still would love to drop one more size, but will be satisfied where I am at if that doesn't happen.
We went out to dinner to TGIF and discovered just how well we are doing with our diets. This was the first time that we walked out with a "to go box". My dinner was perfect servings (and healthy) and Pauls was WAYYYYYY to much and he was so proud of himself for only eating until he was full and taking the rest with us for another meal later. It was great! This was the first time we weren't miserable after eating out!! We both felt great for the entire evening!
We came home on Sunday, unloaded the car and started to put things away. As I emptied all the shopping bags, I realized that once again, Seneca made out like a bandit. Mom came home with a pair of pants, a skirt, 1 shirt and a new purse, oh yah and a belt. Dad came home with a sweatshirt and a shirt (finally he is doing a little shopping. Good bye old, stained shirts!!) Seneca of course came home with 2 pairs of pants, a pair of shorts, two tank tops, three shirts, and a pair of flip flops. Of course we bought a few things here and there for the house and of course, had to find some "different" healthy snacks.
Overall, the trip was good. It got us out of our house and away from Pierre. That doesn't happen too often with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment