Things have been so hectic that I forgot to update for a week now. Last Saturday, we hired a babysitter (which by the way are hard to find in Pierre) and us and 5 other couples went Pot of Gold Bowling. We shared the babysitter with another couple who has a 7 year old son, Cale, who Seneca calls "her brother". We had a great time bowling! I won $33.00 that night so that paid for our babysitter. After bowling, Bria, Cales mom and I took the babysitter home and then Mark, Bria, Lance, Leah, Paul and I stayed up playing cards until 3 a.m. Needless to say, 7 a.m. (when Seneca woke up) came quite early. If you didn't notice the "names" of the girls above, it is quite intersting when we all get together because there is Tia, Bria, Leah and Donita (who wasn't listed but is in the group of us that hangs out)!! Isn't that something? Anyways, Sunday was a pretty mellow day, laundry, clean house and get ready for the week.
Monday I woke up and wasn't feeling well at all. This week was State One-Act Play so I knew there wouldn't be any sick days for me until I got my boss out the door with One-Act Play. I went in to work about 7 am Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and got my work finaled by Wednesday afternoon. Paul headed to Rapid City for work on Wednesday and would not be coming home until Thursday. Thursday I was really not feeling well, so I stayed home Thursday and went to the clinic. I asked another mom at daycare if she could take Seneca to Pre-school and pick her up since she had to take her son and she didn't mind doing that. So after the clinic I just went to bed. It ended up being sinus infection, which I knew before going in. Too bad I still had to pay them $20.00 just to get a prescription!!! I went to work for a half day yesterday and decided to come home and rest again in the afternoon. Still not feeling 100% today, but it is the weekend and I have time to rest today and tomorrow before the Superbowl.
The last few months, every now and again, Seneca will get up at odd hours in the night (1 am, 3 am, etc) and we will be wakened by the TV. She gets up and turns on the TV and then one of us normally gets up and sends her back to bed. Earlier this week, she happen to wake us up about 5:30 a.m. and the only reason I woke up was because the TV was blarring the "Star Spangled Banner". So I went out to the living room and turned down the TV and just like that Senecas head popped up off the couch. I told her she could stay on the couch since it was about time for her to get up anyways. So I covered her up and headed to my room to get ready for the day. When I was done getting ready, I came out to the living room and this is what I found.......

2 comments:
Good for you! Glad to see you can get out with friends and have a good time.
Too cute!
Post a Comment