For those of you who have been wondering about our saga with "no tv" here is the rest of the story......
Last Friday, I went to Rapid City with a friend. Before we left RC, I called Paul to let him know we were on our way home. He had some much needed news for me.......Dish Network worked us in to fix our dish today!! Yah! Considering Friday Night Lights and Las Vegas were one that night. So as we are driving home, I am actually feeling guilty since I had already called Direct TV to hook us up on Monday and would then be cancelling Dish Network since they had told us we would have to wait until Friday, November 16th to get our service fixed. Either way, I was going to have TV through the weekend. Yah...again!!
So we had our TV through the weekend and on Monday we received the phone call from Direct TV that the tech person would be at our house to get us new service between 8 and 12. I was so excited considering we would have more HD channels (HGTV in HD) and regular channels (finally DIY network, WE and Oxygen). So after watching Young and the Restless, we get a phone call from the tech person stating she is running about an hour late. OK, not a problem. So about an hour goes by and I ask Paul, "Do you think we should go ahead and cancel Dish Network?" "Yah, go ahead. She should be here soon to hook up Direct TV", he says. So, I go ahead and cancel Dishnetwork. So finally at 4:15, the Direct TV person arrives and starts looking at things. Not only does she tell us we need TWO dishes attached to our house (OK, we can deal with this) she tells us we need two incoming lines for the DVR that we want. Since our basement is all finished with drywalled walls, ceilings, etc. she would have to charge us to run another line and it would take at least 8+ hours plus cost extra. So I pull out of current DVR receiver and ask her why that one just has one cord with a spliter on it? Can't we just do that? "No, we don't use spliters, we have to have two cords". Well, of course you don't use spliters, that is how you get people to pay more money!! So we pretty much sent her on her way and said we didn't want their service. So since I cancelled Dishnetwork, we once again, didn't have TV. So off I run to the phone to call Dishnetwork to hope they can get us "reconnected" before 7 pm since Prison Break is on. In the meantime, Paul leaves to go get Seneca from dance. So I am on the phone trying to get us reconnected and hope they don't charge any reconnect fees.
Dishnetwork Guy: OK Ms. Hertel, to reconnect your service I will need $10.61 paid today by credit card.
Tia: OK, no problem, I can pay that by credit card.
I walk to the kitchen to get my purse, realizing I left it in the car. So I open the door to the garage.....Paul took my car, WITH my purse in it. OK, breath, go downstairs to the filing cabinet and dig out all the papers to our credit cards. Great.....there is the credit card number.
Tia: OK here is my credit card number; ############
Dishnetwork Guy: And the experation date?
Crap, fumble through papers.......they don't LIST the experation date on all your papers. Could it be that is a good thing for security reasons but NOT for the fact that I NEEDED THIS NUMBER NOW!?????
Tia: Sir, my husband has left the house with my car and my purse and I don't have the experation date with me to my credit card. I think it is 02-09.....will that work?
Dishnetwork guy: No Ms. Hertel, I will need the experation date.
Tia: Do you have a direct number I can call you back at as soon as he gets here?
Dishnetwork guy: No Ms. Hertel, we will just have to start the whole process over when you call back.
Tia: OK, I will call back when my husband gets home.
I know this guy thought I was absolutely insane and probably turned me in for credit card fraud after giving him numbers from files as he hears me flipping through them and then GUESSING experation dates.
To make a long story short, after another 3 phone calls to Dishnetwork and only $10.61 dollars later. We had TV by 7 p.m. on Monday. I guess my days of trying to get more for my money are gone.........for awhile at least. And maybe I learned a little lesson about patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment