Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Addiction

Well, the worst possible thing that could happen to us (or should I say me) happen last night. We have satellite TV with DVR, so I can record all my shows and watch them when I want, fast forward through the commercials, pause it when the phone rings, rewind when Seneca wants to talk to me, or she needs to take a shower, you know, never miss a thing. Well, much to my dismay, at 5:23 last night when I arrived home, turned on the TV to watch the news, or should I say listen to it, "ATTENTION ERROR 530; TRYING TO FIND SATELLITE". This has happen several times so I just picked up the phone like I always do knowing the Dish Network people will walk me through whatever the problem is and an hour or so later, I will be watching my shows. Not this time.......bad news.....need to send a technician. OK, no big deal, so I thought, until they told me that the soonest open appointment would be Friday, (OK breath Tia, only 2 1/2 days of missing TV), November 16th! WHAT??????? I can't do it. That is 11 days, did you hear me, 11 days of no TV. Not to mention a weekend goes into those 11 days, and not just ANY weekend but a Holiday weekend (we don't work Monday due to Veterans Day) but a THREE DAY WEEKEND!!! Plus, it is Primetime New Shows Season, SD State Football Championships are aired......WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?????? This could send me into withdrawels...........not to mention for Pauls sake, NFL Football, college football, the 2nd to last race of the NASCAR season.........COME ON!!
So, I kindly thank the Gentleman at Dish Network, after asking several times, "Are you sure you can't get here any sooner?" Trying to make him feel sorry for me as I tell him, "You know, I have a little girl who watches her cartoons frequently....and when I need to get things done around the house, it helps keep her entertained, what are we going to do?" Well, it didn't work......nope, sorry Friday, November 16th. That man probably never had any children!!
I hang up the phone, I now am in my PJ's, and frantically looking for a flashlight since it is dark out. I am going outside and seeing if all the connections are tight, etc. Paul is telling me, "Tia, eat first. It is dark out, I will look tomorrow". "No, this is unacceptable. NEXT FRIDAY??? I will fix it myself"! Well, needless to say, I did not fix it myself. So, on the phone I get to Dish Network again. Fine, I will threaten to cancel and sign up with Direct TV that will get them moving. Failed again.....but I did give them 24 hours after they offered me 3 free months of HBO and tried to get me to understand they have other customers, they will contact the local technician and see if he can fit us in, yadda, yadda....which that is like telling an alcoholic there is no more beer in the cooler. COME ON!! I DON'T WANT HBO, I WANT MY OTHER SHOWS NOW!!!!
So after having no television last night, I resorted to the computer and priced out Direct TV and cable. Well, Direct TV won my vote after A) having more HD channels than what we currently have B) being cheaper per month for more channels than what we currently have and C) being able to hook us up on Monday, November 12.....did you hear that? MONDAY!! I still will miss the SD State Football Championships, Greys Anatomy, CSI, Friday Night Lights, Las Vegas, Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives and my Young and the Restless for 3 days, but I might make it through. I will let you know next week how I faired, unless I am in the looney bin by then!!??? So in the meantime, I need to cancel Dish Network BUT I am hoping they might still squeeze us in before the weekend to fix whatever problem we have. At least I can watch some TV before getting a new satellite provider on Monday. So Sunday I will call Dish Network and let them know......YOU CAN CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You sound like me...I really, really, really love TV too!

The Dunkers said...

I was going to be mean and call you at 7:00 p.m., but decided to only be a little bit mean. "nanner, nanner, nanner, I'm watching Survivor, CSI, and Without a Trace tonight!