Friday, August 22, 2008

Kindergarden Orientation

Last night, Senecas school had "Orientation" where you found out who your teacher (hers is Mrs. Shaw) is and got to tour the school and your classroom. It started out as much excitement for Seneca, until we pulled up to the school and she realized that she wasn't going to be meeting her teacher by herself. She was going to be meeting her teacher along with possible 18 other kids as well as the rest of the grades meeting their teachers!! I bought her lunch ticket and her milk ticket and we then headed to her classroom. She was very hesitant at the whole idea of "other" kids, none of who she knows from pre-school, Wednesday School, swim lessons, etc. She doesn't know ANY of them. She stuck real close to me and even clug on to my leg a few times. As I tried to fight back tears and be brave, she just clung on to me harder. Monday should be a VERY interesting day. I don't know who is going to cry more, me or Seneca.....

I did have some tears last night and told Seneca I was sad that she was growing up and she comforted me with a big hug and the kind word of, "I'm sorry mom, but that is just how God made the world". She is such a sweet heart.

I will give updates on the first day of school next week and WILL have photos. I didn't think to bring my camera. I need to get in the swing of things and get that camera attached to my body!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Amber Shaw...good pick. her father-in-law is one of our attorneys here and I went to high school with her. She was meant to be a teacher.

Is she getting excited? Got all the school supplies packed up? There were tons of people at Walmart last night buying up last minute stuff. How fun!

A new adventure every day!

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

Good luck on Monday! Seneca's words of comfort to you are so sweet! What a cute little girl. I'm sure she will have so much fun.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Tia-oh my goodness! I have to apologize. It wasn't until this afternoon that my husband was reading over our blog and he said who is Tia. I was like what, what are you talking about. He said, well a Tia made a comment like a long time ago on our blog and she knows you so I was just wondering who it was. I feel so awful that I some how missed seeing your comment you left ages ago! I'm so sorry.
It was good to hear from you. Now I can spy on you also:) Wow-its good to know that your doing so well even if you aren't a fan of my Packers:)(its o.k. I'm not sure I am at the moment, I'm a little ticked with them, but that's another story) anyway you have a darling little girl! Way way cute. Good luck to you both on Monday. If it makes you feel any better, my baby just went into the 4th grade and my oldest just started 8th grade and I still get a little teary eyed and scared for them the first day of school, even though they sure don't. But at any rate I feel your pain.
Please keep on blogging, it was good to hear from you.
JoLynn

P.S. Good luck with getting in shape. I'm getting back on task again myself. Man the exercise thing can be tough sometimes, especially when you could be sleeping.