A week ago, Seneca did her normal cooling off routine in the summer of running through the sprinklers. If we turned on our sprinkler system over and over again, she would be content. She loves running through the sprinklers!!
As soon as Seneca saw the boat and heard the "buzz" from the kids on who was going tubing first, she of course wanted to join them. It started with a "no" of course from me. I thought, there was no way with her swimming skills or lack of, that she was going to go in the big Missouri River on a tube being pulled by a boat. Of course after about 15 minutes of her sitting and watching all the other kids, the "big puppy dog eyes" and the reassurace from Heather that Dan will go on with her, I gave in. On to the tube she went with Dan and Ethan (aka Bubba).
My heart was in my stomach and I just wanted to pull her in from the river the entire time. I was scared to death. Her face slowly went from an "unsure of what she got herself into" look to a smile from ear to ear. When her turn was over and she was back in the boat for a millasecond, I hear, "Mom, when is it my turn again?" The dreaded words I was afraid of. So after a few other kids going, I allowed her to go on with Kris' daughter Karrisa.
That turn didn't last as long when I saw Senecas brave side coming forth with going from one end of the tube to the other, to going with no hands after repeadidly haveing a finger pointed at her to "hold on". I couldn't do it anymore, I had them pull her in. I was ready to have a heart attack!!
We slowly headed the boat to a beach area to let the kids out and enjoy the beach for awhile.
Isaac gave the girls mud baths but Seneca said they were "mud massages". It was just so cute!! This is probably the dirtiest I have seen my child. That is what happens when you are OCD......it was quite the experience. Thankfully, the water washed it all away!!
It was great to see her having such a wonderful time!!
It was also nice for me to get out and "get a little sun". This past "Arizona Girl" hadn't seen sun for awhile. Not like I used to in Arizona so I needed a little color but of course, white skin will turn.......red......at least mine did! I did a great job with sunscreen except for my thighs so I am a little sore today! I am hoping that the sunburn turns to a nice golden tan.......yah right....who am I kidding? I haven't had a nice tan since high school!!
What a wonderful end to summer. Tomorrow, school starts......I can feel the tears starting.....not by Seneca, but by mom.
1 comment:
I demand a post on the first day of school! I saw Regynskis kids off this morning but you guys must have beat me out the door. How did the first day go? How did mom do today?
Post a Comment