Wednesday, Seneca and I left for Eureka. I really don't like traveling without Paul. I don't know where that anxiety ever came from. Considering I lived in the Phoenix area for years and did all kinds of crazy things in my lifetime, I don't know where my small town fears came from. Anyways, we made it to Eureka without any problems and it was actually a nice drive. Compared to past years, the fields are green, the wheat was being harvested and it was the perfect scenery!! I love the openness of the prairie, the combines in the fields harvesting......it was just very calming!! It was a very nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa Kusler (Great-Grandparents) and Aunt Crystal. Wednesday after dinner, we walked to the school playground to let Seneca play. Oh, does that place bring back memories, and yes, I forgot my camera. I wasn't aware we were headed there, so no photos.....sorry!! Which the playground leads me to my "start".......
My work has started a "Biggest Loser" challenge. I am always up to winning money so I thought, "What the heck, I could afford to lose a few pounds and get in shape". After trying, and failing, to go on the monkey bars at the Eureka school playground, I realized just how out of shape I am!! It was just plain embarrasing........probably only to myself, but I just couldn't believe that I couldn't go across the monkey bars. Could it be when I was like 7, I weighed UNDER 100 pounds? I guess you add some weight and the monkey bars are kind of hard. I hope you are all agreeing and aren't just saying that I am out of shape.......please agree......
So this morning, summer hours at work are over (7-4:30) and we start work at 8 am again. Instead of using my extra hour to sleep (as I have done in the past), I decided that the alarm WILL stay set at 5:30 AM and I WILL get up and get on the treadmill. So far, I did it (yes, it is only one day but a person has to start somewhere). I woke up at 5:15, went to the basement and got on the treadmill. My goal was 30 minutes and I actually did 45 minutes. I even ran some of the time!! 2 miles later, I am feeling good........so far. I want you readers to HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE!! Check in with me periodically and give me words of encouragement. I want to be in shape again!! I think the last time I ran, really ran, was in cross country in Jr. High.....that is scary.........I think I have alot of work to do!!
This leads to my "finish".......the carpet is in the basement since our mishap a month ago. The sheetrock is finished. Wednesday the carpet cleaners will come in to do our steps and upstairs entry way and then we can move things back to their rightful places. And then we just need to wait for a check from the insurance company. I am sure that will be the hardest part. Hopefully the check comes sooner than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment