Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school in Pierre which was Senecas first day of Kindergarden.
We did some photos at home before we left and then we headed to the school. We were directed where to go and told that there would be some chances for photos once there. So I said to Seneca that I better go get my camera out of the car. I was very quickly told "No, I don't want you to get your camera". The entire time I kept trying to reason "why" I needed my camera and was told over and over again, "No". So I respected her wishes. We waited for the bell to ring. Some parents just dropped their kids off and others stayed with their kids either at the kids demand or mom and dad needing to stay. I was one of the moms that needed to stay, until the bell rang. I couldn't get out of there fast enough before the tears started coming, not from Seneca but from myself. I just knelt down, gave her a hug and said I will see you later and have a great day. She was very quick to say, "Bye mom". Off I went with kleenex in hand hoping no one would pass me on my way to the car because I was a mess.
I picked her up from school at 2:55 and she was more than happy to come back to the office with me. I had a surprise of colored pencils and coloring/activity books for her as a little "gift" for making it through the first day of school (wonder if I get something for making it through the first day...LOL). She said her favorite part of the day was recess (typical kid) and she said she didn't learn anything (typical first day of school). She has been talking alot about P.E. though. She must have enjoyed that (isn't that pretty much like recess?). Our main question to her was "How was lunch?". She said she ate half her burger, fries, popsicle and chocolate milk. That was wonderful in our book since eating is a big issue for her....the pickiest child I have ever known!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Try the pizza hot dish or sloppy joe biscuits. Kids will eat anything with teh word "pizza" in it. It's glorified spaghetti with pepperoni and cheese. The sloppy joe biscuits is just bbq with grands biscuits on top. Way good though. She'll love it. I too am a picky eater. There's ntohing wrong with mac and cheese! Theres a 2 for $4 sale at Walmart right now!! haha

She looks so grown up on her first day.

jilldaisbrenne said...

Yeah Seneca! What a grown up girl. Campbelle will join the ranks as kindergartener on the 8th. Looking forward to it.

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

Tia I'm glad you survived! She looks so cute. Her "1st day of school" outfit and shoes are darling.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so glad that she had a good first day of school. She looks so so cute! I'm even more glad that you made it through the first day of school. Man my kids are now in the 8th, 5th, and 4th grade and its still hard for me on their first days back to school. Its a Mom thing I think. Anyway, its so fun to see you and your family.
JoLynn