Saturday, September 27, 2008

MOPS Convention Countdown


On October 1st, myself and 10 other women from Pierre will be flying to Dallas, TX to attend the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Convention. We will be staying at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Spa (see photo above) along with many (5000+) other women from all over the United States. The Convention activities, workshops and General Sessions are all held at the Gaylord. So technically, we never have to leave. Oh, but we will......
When we arrive in Dallas at 2 pm on Wednesday, we plan on going to the Grapevine Mills Mall (over 1.6 million square feet; over 180 stores) to shop since the convention doesn't start until Thursday at 1 pm. To some of you that live in the "big city" that doesn't sound to appealing. To those of us that live in Pierre, that is like going to Disney World!!!

All our hard work at fundraising this last summer paid off. We did lots of fundraisers to pay for this trip to Dallas and am truely blessed at the outcome of those fundraisers. I am so excited to attend this convention and have been so blessed to be a part of the LMC MOPS group this past year.

See you after Dallas!!!

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

WoW! That sounds awesome! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! And don't worry all will be fine at home. It is a good bonding time for your husband and Seneca. So enjoy yourself! I can't wait to hear all about it!
JoLynn

Sarah said...

I want to go too. Are kids a requirement?

I'll watch over the house. :)