I am sitting here hoping to get a quick post in before the storm comes. It is lightning and thundering out and the radar shows a pretty good storm headed our way. Hopefully this will be the last storm before winter. Not too fond of these thunderstorms we have in this area. You never know what they will do.
This past weekend we headed to McLaughlin for Pauls Grandmas 80th birthday. It was a nice, relaxing weekend. It was nice to meet some of Pauls cousins and Aunts and Uncles that I had never met. We had received Christmas Cards and yearly updates but I had never met some of them. It was nice to meet the people behind the stories!! Seneca loved being around all the kids, her of course being the youngest, but she loved playing with all of them. Of course, you can never argue being around Grandma and Grandpa Hertel and of course, she absolutely loves her Uncle Lonny!! So she had a wonderful time. I am sad to say, we got all the way to McLaughlin and I realized that I forgot my camera. I used to "never leave home without it" but lately, it is amazing how I forget that camera all the time. Hopefully, when George and Betty come up next week, they will have some photos for me to post since they took lots of photos.
I am doing the count down for my trip to Texas. We leave in 9 days. I am excited but at the same time, extremely nervous. It has been at least 10+ years since I have flown. I have never been that far away from both Paul and Seneca. Of course my biggest worry is that I may miss something here at home. I don't like missing out on things. I want to be able to be a part of it all!! I am looking forward to deepening my friendships with my MOPS friends that I have become so fond of over the last year. There is 11 of us going from Pierre and it will be so much fun and I know we will have a wonderful time and we will be able to support each other during this trip. I will try to post again before my trip but I'm not promising anything. I am playing catch up and get ahead at work to go on this trip so things may get a little crazy the closer it gets to Oct. 1st. Lets just pray that no major "upsets" happen at the office between now and then so that I will feel "OK" leaving and not feel guilty and of couse not feel "rushed". Of course I will feel guilty leaving both Paul and Seneca but I do know that I need this trip.
1 comment:
I read your comment on my blog and it made me laugh. I do remember our conversation in Jr. High about butt vs. butte. I remember sitting in Mrs. Valenzuela's class. You and I were arguing with Monica about the fact that she told us to "kiss her butte". SILLY MONICA!
Post a Comment