Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh The Love Of A DVR

Have I ever mentioned my love of our DVR? I am a tv watcher. I actually probably watch TOO much TV. I was raised in a city with cable, movie channels, Atari and anything else related to TV. I wasn't raised on a farm with just an antenae on the roof where you only got the PBS channel (such as my husband), so TV has always just been a part of my life.


I have lot of shows that I DVR and wonder what I ever did without it. It keeps me sane, especially with a 5 year old that doesn't want to miss "Sid the Science Kid" or "Curious George". My famous response when I say it is time to to is "just record and and you can watch it later". I can now get things done around the house and watch my shows at my leisure, without commercials. Do you know how much time you save by skipping through commercials? Some hour long shows now only last 30 minutes. Yes, 30 minutes of commercials!! It is just amazing. We don't watch ANYTHING anymore that isn't recorded. Whoever invented the DVR, I just want you to know, you are wonderful!! I now have a life, I can go places and do things and not miss my shows!! Once again, I thank you!!

2 comments:

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

You are so funny! I have to agree with you though. Being able to get through some of my favorite shows without being inturrupted is great! Recording on the DVR and pausing/rewinding the TV is a GREAT invention! I wonder if our parents talked like this when they came out with the TV remote?

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Yes this is a great invention for sure! Man, it is totally sent from up above. Brian(my husband)uses this thing like crazy and its so nice because then he has no excuses for not being able to help me with the kids-just record it.