Monday, September 01, 2008

Nearing the End of a Relaxing Weekend

We are nearing the end of this wonderful Labor Day weekend. Labor Day weekend is always a little sad because we in the mid-west know that winter is just around the corner. We dig out our winter clothes, make sure the winter coats fit along with all the other clothes that keep us warm.
With the temps the way they were this past weekend (97+) you would never guess that winter was creeping up on us slowly. Today, we are suppose to reach the mid to upper 80's and then starting tomorrow, low 70's......can you believe that? I always find it just crazy how the temps in South Dakota fluctuate so much in a short period of time. I am hoping that the 70's are not a sign of what to expect this winter. When it cools off this early in the season, it makes me a little nervous as to how long and cold the winter months will be!! Lets just hope that winter comes later than sooner.
We had a nice relaxing weekend. Friday, Seneca started swimming lessons again at the "Y". You could tell she took an entire summer off of swimming but she will get back into the swing of things again shortly.
Saturday, we really didn't do a whole lot. We did go pick up our insurance check from the storm damage that we had back in July and then ran around paying all the bills. What a relief to have that all taken care of!! A weight has been lifted from our shoulders. The contractors insurance paid us in full and no money out of our pockets which we are very thankful for. The weather was quite hot and windy so we stayed in doors for most of the day.
Sunday, after church, we headed to the Pierre Mall to see if I could find some jeans for my trip to Dallas, TX in October. We have decided that our mall is just not the place to find things in Pierre. There are about 17 stores in our mall and not much for men OR women. So I decided to wait and go shopping in Dallas at the outlet malls. October 1st can't come soon enough!!!
Sunday night, our wonderful friends, Kerri and Travis came over for steaks on the grill, crock pot potatoes and a few cold beers!!! Kerri and Travis always help us out with Seneca when we need them. They have been just wonderful. We invited them over for dinner as a "Thank you" for taking Seneca at the spur of the moment when I had to take Paul to the ER a few weeks ago for a kidney stone. It hasn't quite been 2 years since his last one and I was praying that we weren't going through what we went through last time when the hospitalizations started!!
Today, we are going to finish up on household chores and get ourselves ready for the work and school week. I just finished looking at the calendar and realized there aren't any holidays until mid-October!! I look so forward to holidays after working long hours day after day but I do have my trip to Dallas, TX October 1-5th to look forward to!! I'm afraid that won't be rest and relaxation though.....
We will just use the little time we have on the weekends to sneak in some r&r!!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow. You guys feel about your winters the way we feel about our summers. I guess where ever you live you have to take the good with the bad-unfortunately.
I'm sorry to hear about your house, what a mess. I'm glad things all worked out for you though.
I'm also sorry to hear about your husbands kidney stones. Poor guy. I've heard how awful and painful they are. Hopefully, it will won't happen again!
Its so fun to spy on you and read about you and your cute family.
Oh and have fun in Dallas!
JoLynn