Saturday, January 27, 2007

Deep Cleaning

Yesterday when we got home from work, we decided to "Deep Clean" Senecas room. About 20 days ago we started Seneca on Claritan to see if that would help with her watery eyes and green snotty nose that she seems to have on a daily basis and it seemed to clear up within a few days. I visited with her pediatrician and she said she probably does have indoor allergies. She said we can test her if we wanted but if we thought that the Claritan was working and were satisfied with that we didn't need to test her. So after much research and reading, we decided to really clean her room out and start getting rid of as many stuffed animals (big time allergy catcher) as we feel we could part with. So last night we removed EVERYTHING from her room, vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the carpet and dusted EVERYTHING before returning it back to her bedroom. The stuffed animals were put into garbage bags and put in the deep freeze (this will kill your dust mites) overnight. Seneca was really up for this chore. I have never known a child to so easily get rid of her stuffed animals. She couldn't wait!! At least we didn't have to fight! She wanted to help with cleaning so she was helping me dust her furniture, etc. and within two minutes, she started sneezing and the eyes started running. My guess is what I thought.....allergy to dust!!!! I guess I will really have to keep up with the house more than I do already. So this morning after getting her stuffed animals out of the freezer, we sorted through and had a keep pile (those that are special gifts) and a rummage sale (which I hate to do but you can't keep them all). We have narrowed it down and see if this will help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seneca, you sure are a good little helper. Keep up the good work.!! Hope your allergies get better. Love, Crystal