Friday, August 05, 2005

Moms last short Friday

Today was my last short Friday of work for the summer. Since June 1st, I have been working Mon-Thurs. 7-4 and Fridays 7-10am. It has been nice since I can pick Seneca up from daycare early on Fridays and then we have time to do a few things. Monday I will start working 8-4 Mon-Fri. until the end of August when we go to regular 8-5 Mon-Fri.

In the morning before daycare, Seneca asked if we could go to the library so she can look at books. So after naptime, she and I went to the library for two hours. I gave her the "rules" before we left: 1) you have to be quite in the library. No yelling or screaming or talking loud. 2) when I say it is time to go, no arguing or "throwing fits". To my surprise, she followed the rules! I was very proud of her. While we were there, she picked out some books and headed into the castle they had set up and read her books while I found a book for myself and started reading it. I was pretty proud of myself also, since I finished the book last night. A whole book in one evening....I haven't done that in ages! I miss that! We will have to do this more often. Before we left the library, we checked out some books for her, me and a Dora the Explorer and Blues Clues video for her!

After the library, we came home and made supper and took supper to Paul at work since he wouldn't be coming home until 8:30 or so. Seneca sure is starting to miss her Dad! A few more months and then he will be home more!

No comments: