Welcome to the Hertel Blog Spot! I am hoping I can keep all our friends and family updated on our lives! You can watch as Seneca grows and can read about all the fun stuff she says and does as well as keep up with Paul and I!
Friday, May 05, 2006
Finally.....
I know it is almost the end of the week but I finally have a minute to catch everyone up to date on LAST WEEKEND! Saturday morning me and three other DOT wives went to Rapid City for the weekend. We figured we would start a tradition of a "Girls Weekend Away" before we were stranded by our husbands with the busy construction season for 6 months. So this was our "First Annual DOT Wives Weekend"! I don't think Seneca could get me out the door fast enough. Friday morning she already started asking me "when I was leaving for Rapid City". Not sure what her and her dad were up to, but she seemed like she couldn't wait for me to leave. Saturday morning I bet she asked me 20 times, "aren't you going to Rapid City"? HMMMM!???? Anyways, we left Saturday morning and once we got to Rapid City we shopped the day away. We stayed at the Rapid City Ramkota and I had lined it up to get us a Suite at a cheap rate. I work with the Ramkota Properties through work so had some connections. Well, much to our surprise, when I checked in, we found out that our room was FREE!! That was a nice surprise and made our trip that much better! They also left us some chocolates, peanuts and wine to enjoy our stay with! We had a nice relaxing time, ate supper at the Olive Garden, visited and just had a good time. Sunday morning we finished up with some last minute shopping and then headed home....back to reality. It was nice to come home to a clean house, laundry done, a menu for the week planned, and groceries already bought for the week!! I was proud of Paul and it made my week start off that much better! So this weekend, it is back to the real world. I start tonight setting up for our rummage sale and then we will be doing that tomorrow. Hopefully I get rid of EVERYTHING and make some $$$. We will see how that goes. Paul, of course will start with his summer of working Saturdays tomorrow so he will miss out on the Rummage Sale fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment