Thursday, January 25, 2007

5 Weird Things

OK, I have been tagged by a couple of the Dais girls on this one so here it goes.....

1. I like a few others I have read am also obsessed with the toilet paper roll. Must roll over the roll. I was NEVER bad about this until 6 years ago when it would drive Paul nuts because I never used to care which way the toilet paper roll was put on. He then got me obsessed with it and now, I change rolls where ever I go because I just deal with it the wrong way!

2. Those of you who REALLY know me know of my "neatness" obsession. Everyone said after I had a child, that would change but it has gotten worse. I actually think I am a little on the obsessive compulsive disorder side. My house has to be CLEAN at all times. I vacuum several times a week, dust at least once and clean the bathrooms all the time. The minute I don't see the vacuum marks on the carpet, I start to panic. Everything has to be picked up at all times. I can't stand stuff out of place. My cupboards are all lines up, canned foods, refridgerator, you name it, it has a place and must be put in that place, not a millemeter from that place. Tammy......you will REALLY find this one "weird", as much of a neat freak that I am I DO NOT MAKE BEDS!!!!

3. Smells, yup you read right, smells. My nose goes into high gear 24/7. Paul often hears, "Is something burning? I smell smoke?" or "What is that smell?" as I proceed to walk around the house smelling everything from garbages to couch cushions to clothes, until I find out what it is that I am smelling. You will find Bath and Body Wall Flowers in most of our rooms and candles going a good amount of the time in our house. If it doesn't smell pretty or "normal", my nose will find it.

4. I have been obsessed with bathrooms since I have been a kid. I WILL NOT go to the bathroom unless they have been Tia approved!! If we are on a road trip and I have to go, I WILL check out the bathroom first and I WILL make Paul head to the next one if I don't approve of the first one we stopped at. It HAS TO BE CLEAN! If I do go in one that isn't clean, I have to find a shower and fast!!

5. I also am one to think the worst of everything and to let my imagination get away from me. If I am expecting someone and they are late, automatically every bad thing you can think of has happen to that person. If I am leaving Seneca with someone who she hasn't been with before, or even someone she has, automatically, the thoughts start running around in my head....I have, gone looking for Paul before when he hasn't been home when he said he would be and I literally start to not be able to breath and start going into panic mode.

Well, there you go. There are my 5 weird things about me.....hoping to see some more of these posts!!

2 comments:

The Dunkers said...

If I were a psychologist, I would say "Very good Tia, the first step to fixing your weirdness is acknowledging the problem!" LOL! I on the other hand would have to have you tell me what I'm weird about. I am so not good about coming up with answers to these things.

Anonymous said...

Tia, you are OCD, but then I have known that for a while...
I wish I had a little of that 'cleaning bug' in me!
Carrie