Monday, January 01, 2007

Puzzling into the New Year

We had no plans to celebrate the New Year, but did have our friends, Kerri and Travis Vallery come over for a game of "Tripoly". We really enjoy that game and got Travis hooked on it the night before when they came over for dinner. So we played a game of Tripoly for the night. We were so engrossed in the game that we missed the count down for the New Year. So we had our toast about 4 minutes later. O-well! I was surprised that I even made it to toast in the New Year. This was a first in about 3 years! We normally go to bed BEFORE the New Year hits!
Thought we were going to have to make another trip to the ER this morning. Seneca came down to the basement to feed the cat, I was doing laundry in the basement and Paul was upstairs making breakfast. Seneca made her way up the stairs and then all I heard was Paul yelling Senecas name and then thud, thud, thud.....here was Seneca at the bottom of the stairs, head first on her belly. She fell from the very top step to the bottom. Aside from being VERY shooke up (all of us that is) there were no broken bones, just some carpet burns on her belly! Not how I imagined starting the new year! Just very grateful she is OK!

For Senecas birthday, she received a 4 ft. Under The Sea puzzle from her Uncle Nikki. This morning her and Paul attempted this puzzle. As some of you know, Seneca LOVES puzzles. She is actually really good at them. Here are a few pictures of the work in progress and the finished product!


BIGGER THAN ME!!

Great team work!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hope you all have a wonderful New Year! My New Year's resolution is to set a date to come down and see everybody, so hopefully I'll make it really soon. I miss you guys, and love you! Give Seneca a hug and kiss from us all!

Love you!
Nicole, Rocky, and Hunter

jilldaisbrenne said...

Sounds like a nice New Year! All the best in 2007

Vince and Rebecca said...

Audrey loves to do puzzles as well. Hopefully they can do one together!