Monday, January 15, 2007

Rest of the week update....

Not too exciting of a week. Just our usual, pre-school twice a week, Church and Wednesday school and dance. Friday evening, I was invited to a Southern Living at Home party. When I got to daycare to pick up Seneca, I was informed by some of the moms who would be attending the Southern Living Party Friday also, that we were going out afterwords. I was excited but at the same time, a little hesitant since smoke at bars bothers me so much. I try to avoid the smoke if at all possible. Seneca said I should go out and just be home by 10:00. So, I went to Ambers Southern Living party and from there, we ended up sitting at Ambers and visiting until about midnight. I didn't have to worry about the smoky bars....plus it was cheaper. We had a nice evening. It is nice to get out and visit with "the girls". I definately think we need to start planning a monthly, "get out of the house and chat time" without spending money (i.e. no "At home parties"!!). I didn't make Senecas 10:00 curfew and was informed the next morning that "Seneca was crying for me" when she went to bed. Way to lay the guilt on Paul!!

Saturday morning we got up and took Seneca to swimming lessons at the "Y". While she was at lessons, Paul and I played raquetball. Or should I say, Paul played raquetball and I attempted to hit the ball and not the air!! Athleticism is NOT my thing!! I stuck it out for 15 minutes and walked out of there dripping sweat. So I guess I accomplished part of the goal.....to get a workout....definately NOT playing raquetball correctly. I will do it again next week and hopefully we can eventually start scoring the game!

The rest of the weekend consisted of me trying to get laundry done, being a couch potatoe and Paul watching football. Just a few more week of NFL!! I think I love the Superbowl so much because I know it is "the end" of having to listen to "that was a crappy call", "Oh, come on, are you serious", or the throwing of the remote on the couch as we turn OFF the Broncos game because "Plummer sucks" and "the Broncos don't deserve to win" comments! Yes, Paul is a DIE HARD Broncos fan and takes it to heart when they aren't doing well. But the end in the sports world only consists of the beginning of the next.......yes, March Madness is right around the corner. So, we will start all over again this time only with another sport, another league and another team (GO KU!) And then guess what....after March Madness, Nascar starts up.....it is NEVER ENDING!!!!

Today is a holiday for both Paul and I and we have no daycare, so the 3 of us will just finish stuff up around the house and get things ready for the week ahead. If it warms up, we may attempt to go outside but the last I checked, the windchill was at -22 degrees! I think I will stay indoors!

No comments: